What have you done to your P5 today?

Drove to grocery store at 5am (got home from Africa on Thursday night, still dealing with the time change). On way home thought "I better slow down, I've seen deer right about here". Two seconds later I look over and there were about 10 in someones front yard.

I can relate. Time change sucks!

I finished rebuilding my KL for the P5 yesterday. It won't go in until warmer weather for the swap since I'm sure it will take about a week. But it's nice to have the motor all buttoned up again.
-new timing belt
-new accessory belts
-new valve cover gaskets
-new head gaskets
-wrinkle black paint on the VC's and TB and silver for the IM
-Outlaw Engineering thermal spacers on the IM and TB
-new NGK spark plugs
-a general good cleaning and inspection

B-E-A-utiful.

bought some oil for it, gonna change it tomm....but man, not sure whats up with my battery
but i havent been driving my car as much, since its winter break and all, and i think it was like 3 days i didnt drive it
get in, turn it to on, look at the HKS TT and it reads 11.5 volts, a bit low, went to start it, and it sounded like it didnt want to start
i was watching the HKS the whole time, and the voltage went down to 8.something at the lowest before it started....which is not good :(
guess its time for a new battery, it charges fine though stays above 14 volts when driving

Put on my winter wheels: 14-inch steelies from a 1998 626 and 185-65-14 Hankook iPike409s. Now, just waiting for some snow :)

bought some oil for it, gonna change it tomm....but man, not sure whats up with my battery
but i havent been driving my car as much, since its winter break and all, and i think it was like 3 days i didnt drive it
get in, turn it to on, look at the HKS TT and it reads 11.5 volts, a bit low, went to start it, and it sounded like it didnt want to start
i was watching the HKS the whole time, and the voltage went down to 8.something at the lowest before it started....which is not good :(
guess its time for a new battery, it charges fine though stays above 14 volts when driving

My car did the exact same shot the other day.. It wudnt start n my tt showed like 7 volts.. Jumpt started her.. N like a hour to later went to go leave tried to start her n I see my tt go from 12volts dropp straight dowm to 8.. I jumped it again amd this time let it erun for awhile n I havent had a prob since... Maybe the cold weather? Had my battery checked sai its good so idk

Put in new ignition coils and wires. Went for a drive and my idle was still a bit funky (it was shooting up at times), when I got back I realized my A/C was kicking in and out. Why the hell would it be coming on when it's -7C outside?!

I need to do that mod to disable the automatic A/C, it's rather annoying...

Well that was quick, no more annoying automatic A/C. ZapWizard's guide is really great.

Also, I present to you the greatest radio-reception mod: THE ANTENNA PICKLE

eLbtI.jpg

haha radio pickle..nice
and today i changed the oil finally, 10w-30 so the turbo doesnt smoke as much (seals are gone)
and put the two extra bolts on the bottom of the bumper tht holds it to the frame, stopped some annoying rattling, was nice to listen to my car idle without extra noise

tomorrow im putting the stock crank pulley back on with new belts, hopefully that fixes the other noise ive been hearing on take-off

i got 450 once and still had over a gallon left B^)

I adjusted tire pressure this weekend, hopefully that will help a little. Oil is full and fairly new. May need a new air filter, but not sure how much that will gain. I'm running 18" Rx8s with 35's. I filled them up to 40 psi. The tire's max psi is 50 and I was a little nervous to go over 40. My Yukon's max psi is 44 with a much bigger tire, anyone know why such a small tire would max at 50 psi? That just seems like a lot.

^really? thats pretty high, i normally never go above 40psi...

but anyways, today i bought standard size belts from advanced, and took off my UDP and put on my OEM crank pulley
got rid of the dam NOISE!!! YESSSS, man i hated the noise i got from the UDP, sounded like metal slapping together
ill post pics in my build thread tom. of my car and the pulley (you'll see why it was making noise),
haven't updated that thread in forever lol

also put air in my tires, 3 out of 4 were low on air, around 25psi, filled them up to 35-ish
and now there's no more crazy road noise when i slow down, i thought by wheel bearings were gone..whew!

Finally drove my car. Its been about 8 days since Ive driven it. Now that the wedding is over I can focus on the things that I have been wanting to take care of.

1.Seal the outlet of the SC with RTV (leaking boost)
2.Replace front and rear brake pads/rotors
3.Fix my broke ass exhaust tip
4.Replace the Front passenger Speaker (blown)
5.Get all my SCCA gear back on the car.
6.Replace all the little things that I have been wanting to fix

Cant wait!

Haha! I like how you make it sound like your wedding was getting in the way of you working on your P5. Right on.

I ordered a sticker for the rear window that says "Rust is lighter than carbon fiber".

Haha! I like how you make it sound like your wedding was getting in the way of you working on your P5. Right on.

I ordered a sticker for the rear window that says "Rust is lighter than carbon fiber".

My car gets lighter by the day :)

I installed the "revised" EGR valve today, lost the old EGR valve gasket in the engine bay.

Back