What have you done to your P5 today?

those lense cleanup kits are worth the money. its worth a shot before you go and spend the money for new ones... just follow the steps n take your time and it will come out clearrr

ahh... The urethane I have the fiberglass one. lol

Cres did you think I'd really do that to an FG one? lol. The urethane ones are bulletproof. A bunch of people have ripped them off mid drive, ran over them, picked them up and slapped them back on. I hate fiberglass body pieces.

those lense cleanup kits are worth the money. its worth a shot before you go and spend the money for new ones... just follow the steps n take your time and it will come out clearrr

+1

I was looking at sedan headlights just to use the lenses too and tried a headligth restore kit and it worked really well. Totally worth the $20. Just take your time and do it right and they will come out beautifully.

Cres did you think I'd really do that to an FG one? lol. The urethane ones are bulletproof. A bunch of people have ripped them off mid drive, ran over them, picked them up and slapped them back on. I hate fiberglass body pieces.

It looked like it was broken up. lol (if it were fiberglass) it would be a good project though. lol

had to order a new set of exhaust hangers, my old Kartboy ones seem to be thrashed already. i didnt know urethane could break that easily haha

Did a tune up today. Oil, Filter, Plugs, Wires, and Coil Packs as I was getting a misfire still. then I inspected the suspension and found what was making that nasty knocking noise!
after that, took a shower, and did a full interior detail!

runs great!!

Spent a good hour on vinyling the A pillars, painted my rear evil M badge and adjusted & ziptied the gearboot...

IMG_4391.jpg

IMG_4390.jpg

IMG_4392.jpg

^dam..wish i had that low mileage on my car :(

and today, i saw the isport ram air ducts for the first time....dam they are hot, so i may be buying a MSP lip and putting those on
once i get some cash together that is...dam these jobs not hiring

I forgot to latch my hood today, took a little drive, and well.... needless to say need a new hood and windshield now. pics tomorz when its not dark

^ something failed. I didnt even work in the bay just opened the latch... so I suppose that I failed followed closely by the secondary latch

The secondary latch can easily open if the right wind goes under the hood, or even if enough force is pulling upwards on the hood. I know a few people that has had that happen. My Civic did that to me when I got my CF hood. Thankfully it was low speed and I was able to slow down fast enough to prevent it from fully smashing both the hood and the windshield.

i was going about 40-45mph. I just finished working on my calipers and struts and decided to test the brakes... it was seriously 1 second before I was about to hit my brakes hard. The windshield actually did more damage to the hood than the hood to the windshield. Hood is bent in 9 different areas and windshield is only shattered top center to mid center. im hoping insurance covers the windshield and ill replace the hood if I can find one on here for a good price

My hood flew up on the highway in my very first car, a CRX. I was cruising along at 70mph, my passenger was sleeping then WHAM! I had to peek through the center by the dash to safely pull of the highway. Needless to say, it scared the poo outta us. haha!

I hosted a little Mazda Winterizing party saturday and had a few friends over. Washed/waxed the P5 preparing for the salty winters we get here in Cleveland. And I bought some truck bed bedliner stuff from Autozone since my halfassed attempt at rolling my fenders a year ago left my paint all cracked. I should've waited to use the real fender roller this spring. Anyway, I masked off the quarter panels and sprayed them with a few thick coats of the rubber bedliner to seal the cracks and hopefully prevent anymore rust... Hopefully it will at least help during the winter.

This shot is ironic because Phen's P5 is in the background with the rusted spots I'm trying to avoid.
IMG_20101114_164714.jpg

This rubberized spray stuff is really easy to work with. I'll probably do my whole underside of the car in the spring. And you can see my KL in the background. tee-hee
IMG_20101114_160416.jpg

I slapped the orange winter wheels on today only to find out the beads aren't holding air very well. So I took them back off and put the Enkeis on until I get them fixed this week. Joy.
IMG_20101114_142006.jpg

Then my girl surprised me with tickets to the Canton Symphony Orchestra tonight so we took her car while mine was in the garage letting the spray coating dry. I drove her Audi TT to the symphony. It's actually a pretty nice little car. 1.8l turbo 5 speed. It's still a chick car but it's pretty quick. :)

Back