What have you done to your P5 today?

Kansei said:
Today, I saw my car, and it is as stripped down as it was the first time I saw it after the accident. hood, bumper, fenders, and front doors removed o_O

The owner of the shop (I have his personal car right now) said it would be done tomorrow morning sometime before noon. I don't know if that includes the hood latch and other parts they forgot though. I know the latch has been ordered at least. I should probably bring them the CF hood early tomorrow morning and just have them put the freshly painted hood in my trunk and mount the CF one.

I guess they also fiddled with the intercooler piping and have it so that they think it'll fit better I told him not to bother with that stuff if it gives them any more problems as I'll be getting all of the intercooler piping remade soon (as soon as my friend with a welder isn't busy with so many other projects) so I'll have it all apart again anyway.

(poke) so are you keeping the dang car now or what???

Kansei said:
Today, I saw my car, and it is as stripped down as it was the first time I saw it after the accident. hood, bumper, fenders, and front doors removed o_O

The owner of the shop (I have his personal car right now) said it would be done tomorrow morning sometime before noon. I don't know if that includes the hood latch and other parts they forgot though. I know the latch has been ordered at least. I should probably bring them the CF hood early tomorrow morning and just have them put the freshly painted hood in my trunk and mount the CF one.

I guess they also fiddled with the intercooler piping and have it so that they think it'll fit better I told him not to bother with that stuff if it gives them any more problems as I'll be getting all of the intercooler piping remade soon (as soon as my friend with a welder isn't busy with so many other projects) so I'll have it all apart again anyway.

Sweet man... I hope it works out MUCH better this time. It sounds like you have pretty good collateral!

Yeah it's decent collateral.. it has heated leather memory seats with power bolster and lumbar, 12 disc changer, big ol gas-sucking engine, etc.. but it's a GM, so of course everything is wildly plastic.

The owner is stuck driving his bright red classic camaro SS until he gives me my car back.. and I think it might rain tomorrow bwahaha. Plus he is going to the Amerks (Rochester Americans.. hockey team) game tomorrow night and doesn't want to park his camaro downtown :p

Funny how it took them over two weeks to do it the first time, and this time they are doing it better in 2 days :)

Kansei said:
Funny how it took them over two weeks to do it the first time, and this time they are doing it better in 2 days :)

This time they don't have to wait for a replacement parts though. Plus - you gotta figure they have other cars they are trying to work on too...some poor schmuck is going to have to wait two extra days because they had to redo your car and didn't work on their car(not your fault though).

meinp5 said:
This time they don't have to wait for a replacement parts though. Plus - you gotta figure they have other cars they are trying to work on too...some poor schmuck is going to have to wait two extra days because they had to redo your car and didn't work on their car(not your fault though).

Actually they did have to order parts again.. new hood latch, a bunch of plastic fasteners that I found they "forgot" to replace.. but it probably won't take as long as the canadian headlight and other weird things did.

got a CEl today...car was running fine like normal.....didnt have tiime to get the code read...so i just reset the ECU....see if it comes back...then i'll get the code read.

keep it kans, you know you want to!

I drove to my best friends house and got "nice car!" shout from the side of the road. It made me happy. Also got my roof rack filler caps.

I ordered another personalized plate for my car. The 1st one I ordered Arzona deemed GOT-ZUM as offensive and denied it. So I ordered GET ZOOM

Back