What have you done to your P5 today?

Switched from cheap crappy oil from Big Al's to Castrol Edge extended performance and a Napa Gold filter. Heard great things about both

Last night I put a cat back exhaust on it and a eBay header looking to get a Cai for it and probably going to due the longer spark plug mod

Installed Nokya yellow fog light bulbs:

20160117_0026562.jpg

started stripping the p5 of msp parts and putting it back to stock. gonna try to sell it pretty quick to pay the damn government... my msp will need a lot of love to bring it back to what it was but it runs and drives fine so i can work on all that as i have timemoney.

ill miss my sunroof and hatch.. but working ot just isnt efficient.

question..:

im selling my p5 and have had it on hids for some time... tried to put a set of h7 bulbs in it today and the connector isnt the same... the white plastic connector looks just like my msp with only two wires.. im inclined to belive the bulbs were packaged wrong, but the laser etch says h7 so im not sure what i should actually get when i return them... i guess i could offer the buyer hids but i went through the effort of removing it heh.

is there an adapter or something i should have?

uploadfromtaptalk1453727623756.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1453727656280.jpg

Cleaned and waxed. I'm hawking the rear arches to make sure no rust forms. Already POR15ed them. We'll see how she does.

I Used to be "meh" about this blue, but I actually really like the color. I'm coming from Sunlight Silver though, so I was used to no real change in appearance from dirty to clean.

Sent from my Pipboy 3000

I have a predictable timable stumble when idleing at lights. After running and comingto a stop, after a predictable amount oftime itwill stumble but just once. Justtryingto figure outif it has to dowith the vtcs delete and if i should change manifolds.

Valk, check to make sure all your vac lines are plugged back in. How did you, or did you, plug the hold in the manifold where the actuator goes through? I'll throw up a paint sketch of what I did- I should do that to my new P5 as well as loctite the VICS screws...

Sent from my Pipboy 3000

VTCS_pics_(5).JPG

Last edited:
I removed the vtcs rod and flapps and filled all the holes with high temp silicon. Removed the vac lines from the actuator sylaloid and left the electrical connected to prevent cell.

Changed the front calipers and pads-caliper pistons were stuck. Pads had uneven wear. Rotors were good, though. Tried to adjust the ebrake but no tension in the handle. Screwed in the ebrake adjuster screw far enough to lock the rear wheels, but still could pull the handle all the way to the top with one finger.

Back