What have you done to your P5 today?

Hmm, interesting. Never heard anything about that. Worked on several MSPs and the mount looks identical.
If you want to drop that much money on a mount, like I said, you should buy AWR. You can get the whole set for the price of one oem mount that wont make any difference lol

Huh interesting but if TheMan said it, then it's true haha but I'd still go with what 704 said I'd get awr all around. I have awr for rear(yet to install),passenger, and transmission and su on the front I like the front style of su better. They help minimize wheel hop by a lot

Last edited:
Hmm, interesting. Never heard anything about that. Worked on several MSPs and the mount looks identical.
If you want to drop that much money on a mount, like I said, you should buy AWR. You can get the whole set for the price of one oem mount that wont make any difference lol

Whole set for the cost of one OEM? The passenger mount alone, on AWR's site at least, is $10 more than the OEM MSP mount. The whole set is listed at $430.

Is there somewhere cheaper I should be looking?

They must have upped their pricing, I dont remember them being that expensive. Best thing I would say is to try and find a set used. I just found a full mount set for $200 for my car. Or if anything just buy the inserts. I have a set of inserts now that Im replacing with full mounts and they honestly dont vibrate that bad at all. Idle is the worst but with upgraded mounts thats to be expected.

68dd9fa79c1856f3bc3e56aa00fe6ba1.jpg

After a full day and nights work, yellowspeed coilovers finally on!

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Interested in also doing this mod, how is it running for you since you done it?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Not world-changing, but I would concur with the consensus that it helps with response and smoothness up top at and above cruising speed. That said, I didn't do the MAF screen removal part as I don't feel the benefit of it outweighs any potential issues (although goldstar has reported no issues in the 3+ years he ran it).

All said, it was 30 minutes to cut and clean the grille, 5 minutes to tape the intake drain holes. There's no real reason not to do it given it's backed by sound reasoning and evidence and only cost me a $5 roll of Gorilla tape.

Installed the AWR no. 3 mount today, and wow, I am regretting not getting the MSP mount instead... The AWR piece is beautiful in terms of quality, but the increase in NVH is ridiculous. I really hope it breaks in a bit soon, because otherwise I feel like I just threw away $200 only to ruin my car. I have no idea how people are running all four mounts, let alone anything higher than 70 durometer. It must feel like an unbalanced washing machine.

Installed the AWR no. 3 mount today, and wow, I am regretting not getting the MSP mount instead... The AWR piece is beautiful in terms of quality, but the increase in NVH is ridiculous. I really hope it breaks in a bit soon, because otherwise I feel like I just threw away $200 only to ruin my car. I have no idea how people are running all four mounts, let alone anything higher than 70 durometer. It must feel like an unbalanced washing machine.

it is pretty bad lol but they break in a bit over time, but by a bit I dont really mean much. My brother had all 4 in his protege at 80 duro and my feet would go numb from the vibrations on the floor board lol

it is pretty bad lol but they break in a bit over time, but by a bit I dont really mean much. My brother had all 4 in his protege at 80 duro and my feet would go numb from the vibrations on the floor board lol

Well... That's rather discouraging. I'm just going to try and sell it and get as much as I can back out of it then pick up the OEM mount. Should have never doubted goldstar et al. :(

Retrofitted some restored headlights with H1 minis:

20150728_075628.jpg

20150728_075634.jpg

20150728_075619.jpg

20150806_171941.jpg

20150806_171916.jpg

Last edited:
Well... That's rather discouraging. I'm just going to try and sell it and get as much as I can back out of it then pick up the OEM mount. Should have never doubted goldstar et al. :(
Leave it in for a bit and it should break in enough to where it's bearable. I was the same way but after a while you just forget about it. I have 70 duro since I wasn't brave enough to to higher and I'm glad I did. I still haven't installed the rear mount but I know that one will cause a lot of vibration for a while

Hank3, those look great. What shrouds are those, and how was the install?

Thanks. They're the Mini-Gatling Gun shrouds. Overall the install was pretty easy and straightforward. It's just a somewhat time-consuming process with the bumper and headlight removal, baking headlights, installing and tuning the projector, and then aiming. Light output is noticeably better in terms of coverage and brightness but my cutoff is bowed...due to not tuning the projectors fully. High beams with the bi-xenon feature are very nice as well. I have them wired to work with the stock halogen high beams. Overall they're really bright on back roads!

Last edited:
Leave it in for a bit and it should break in enough to where it's bearable. I was the same way but after a while you just forget about it. I have 70 duro since I wasn't brave enough to to higher and I'm glad I did. I still haven't installed the rear mount but I know that one will cause a lot of vibration for a while

Drove with it for the last 5 days... It improved a bit, but still too much for me and the missus. Put the old stock one back in tonight, and in spite of the upper half of it being torn, it delivers the vibration-free ride we want. If I plan on keeping the car for a while, I'll just get the MSP mount instead. (cheers)

Thanks. They're the Mini-Gatling Gun shrouds. Overall the install was pretty easy and straightforward. It's just a somewhat time-consuming process with the bumper and headlight removal, baking headlights, installing the projector, and aiming. I bought some other things as well for it, but the necessary things for me were:

OEM restored headlights - $85
H1 Mini Projectors (B-stock/generic) - $43
H1 5000K bulbs - $11

I already had HID ballasts and a relay harness. Light output is noticeably better in terms of coverage and brightness. High beams with the bi-xenon are very nice as well.
Great job, they look fabulous, now sell them to me (yes)

It made me consider the $200 setup on the TRS site for already having ballasts and relay harness but I need to finish the projects on the car/truck that have already been purchased and sittin waitin on me to have free time to get to.

Finally bit the bullet and did the LED bulb swap into my cluster and HVAC lights, and I am more than happy to have done it! Really worth it imo..

Didn't break any needles which is a plus too, but did have my tach not installed properly so car "idled" at 4k and went down to 0 when i gave it gas xD.

All fixed now and i love it! I definitely recommend this mod.

20216102226_23716ca357_z.jpg

Back