What have you done to your P5 today?

Powdercoated my lower tie bar and installed it. Havent had a chance to try it out yet. lol
photo-31.jpg

Oil change, front end alignment and adjusted the coils for the race tires/wheels. Waiting out the snow storm and then to the track on Sunday!

Put 438 miles on it yesterday...it is such a great car to drive...also ended up having to roll the fenders with my jack stands since I couldn't find a bat...

Put 438 miles on it yesterday...it is such a great car to drive...also ended up having to roll the fenders with my jack stands since I couldn't find a bat...

Was it hard?You heat the fender's up?I'm Thinking of buying that eastwood fender roller.Went out to get some gas went real slow in the snow had alil fun with the ebrake tho at the gas station :)

Last edited:

What do you mean by rolling them with jackstands? I would like to roll mine as a preventative measure.

Lol...I took them apart and used the tube in the middle since I couldn't find a bat and the Eastwood roller was 2 hours away...but yea...it makes it much easier...

Well, i did a full engine flush (twice)...cause it was just that nasty and we had to scrub the hell of the head, oil pan, oil pick up tube, and did 2 oil changes and finally transitioned to synthetic oil. Also, installed new spark plugs...here are the pics of the before and after...

Attachments

• Before pic2.jpg
    Before pic2.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 160
  • After scrubbin the s*** out of it.jpg
    After scrubbin the s*** out of it.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 148
  • B4 oil pump pick up tube.jpg
    B4 oil pump pick up tube.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 145
  • After cleaning.jpg
    After cleaning.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 144
  • That aint coffee.jpg
    That aint coffee.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 153
2 more pics

Attachments

• B4 pulling oil pan off.jpg
    B4 pulling oil pan off.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 154
  • after installing the Oil pick up tube.jpg
    after installing the Oil pick up tube.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 144
Well, i did a full engine flush (twice)...cause it was just that nasty and we had to scrub the hell of the head, oil pan, oil pick up tube, and did 2 oil changes and finally transitioned to synthetic oil. Also, installed new spark plugs...here are the pics of the before and after...

So you cleaned it up like that then put in new oil? I might have to do that sometime.

(iagree)

holy ******* s***!!!!!! talk about lack of maint! My old p5 didn't have any sludge build up just tarnish at 160k miles! Thats just fuckign insane... what is the story behind that engine?

Lol...selling the Speed3's cause I got some other rims...I had them for almost 6 months...it was time for something new...that is the longest time I have had rims on this car for...I liked them, but it was time for departure...

holy s*** on that head!! that is ridiculus
i just took my head apart with 207k and it didnt look that bad, it had some build up but not THAT much

maybe u should have switched to syn earlier lol

EDIT: holy s**** on that oil pickup too, that is just bad maintenance man, my oil pick up had like one fleck stuck in it and it was paint from when i started stripping the paint off of my valve cover lol

how many miles between oil changes?

Back