What have you done to your P5 today?

idk about the white but DAMN!! Thats hot!! (dance)

Holy omg nice!

I got 31mpg today with mine.

I say paint those fat spokes black and it will look sick! Looks good right now too, though.

^+1....Black would look sick

Scratch, keep them white, I love the contrast

I agree...the white just stands out so much...I think if I did them black that it would actually take away from the look a bit...I rolled the fenders though tonight with the inside of my jack stands...worked well...

I have given up on finding out how to fix mine...it is a random cylinder misfire, so my CEL is always on as well...I have done everything in the thread for it, but it still idles like ass...

Coil packs replaced, o-rings replaced, traced out all the vac lines and they were good, replaced wires, spark plugs replaced, cleaned EGR, changed IM/EGR/Throttle body gaskets, took out both set of butterflies from IM, resealed the holes from that, cleaned MAF, new plug thing on back center of VC...trying to think of anything else...

Changed the oil, 6.5 qts??!?!!

Fixed the messed up corner light...

Deflated the tires, re-filled with nitrogen...

Cleaned the inside...

Crap, wrong forum again, did all of this to my bimmer, plan to change the oil in the P5 next week.

timing off?

Nah...we have checked that quite a few times...I even brought it up to HighPoint, NC to have XelderX look at it...he was stumped as well...we thought it was the IM where it was cracked, but even put a new one on and still the same problem...to give an idea of what it sounds like, just think of some aggressive cams...that is about the best I can describe...hasn't given me any problems, but it still has a rough idle...

the egr plate completely blocks off the egr from the intake manifold. my exhuast manifold doesnt have a bung for and egr tube so i took the tube and just bent it in hopes that it would close it off... well it really didnt so i would get ruff starts but after the car warmed up it would drive fine (i guess because when you start the car the egr is opened and i was getting fresh un-metered air into the engine hence why i was getting lean afrs... but then again im just guessing)...

you can buy it here
http://www.precisionpowerparts.com/...mdetail.aspx?sfid=101252&c=678010&i=199731096

another alternative i guess would be to find a bolt and block off the tube side..

installing it was fairly simple from under the car... pros of blocking it off? well its debatable but who want hot exhaust gases being recirculated back into the intake

oh yeah... the corksport bronzeoil shift linkage bushings are worth it... even though i was only able to use one pair... now my TWM SS really feels like a short(er) shifter... nice and tight and crisp... highly recomended

you know the reason the exhaust gasses flow through the intake is to reduce the combustion temps which in turn reduce NOx emissions right?

Who really cares about the NOx part but the combustion temp would worry me, its not really hurting you to leave it on there so why take it off? seems like a worthless amount of money spent to gain...nothing

you know the reason the exhaust gasses flow through the intake is to reduce the combustion temps which in turn reduce NOx emissions

Who really cares about the NOx but the combustion temp would worry me, its not really hurting you to leave it on there so why take it off? seems like a worthless amount of money spent to gain...nothing

my exhaust manifold doesn't have a bung for the egr tube... pretty much the only reason i did it :)

Last edited:
Nice Jeff. Keep her rolling

That's the plan! I'll be putting new pads up front over the Christmas break and tranny drain and fill is gonna happen in the Spring. I also have to research some new struts....the fronts were found to be damp at the last inspection. ;)

That's the plan! I'll be putting new pads up front over the Christmas break and tranny drain and fill is gonna happen in the Spring. I also have to research some new struts....the fronts were found to be damp at the last inspection. ;)

Are they the originals? If you are going to change the fronts, I would change all 4.

Didn't we do the front brakes a couple of Spring clean meets ago?

Last edited:
Back