What have you done to your MSP today?

AFC only takes a couple hours to install, the tuning can take forever but I have had good luck with the maps on this site. People get desperate for money because they spent too much for xmas or need money to get last minute gifts, that's probably why the guy dropped his price. The more popular the part is the less it's worth, since these cars are so rare the parts hold their value. I'm sure honda piggybacks are under $50 lol

There are not one but two MSPs on craigslist near Dallas that need motors going for less than $500, a laser blue and a yellow. The blue one is almost just a shell and interior left, the yellow one is mostly complete from what I can tell
I'm looking for a laser Blue shell. Is it a roller?

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

It had front end damage but it looks fine to me, it doesn't have a crash bar on it but it is almost complete. Guy wanted $450 for it but would probably come down. Looks like the front struts and spindles are gone but otherwise it looks like it would roll with some wheels on it. I think it only had 66k on it

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/5328834238.html

Last edited:
AFC only takes a couple hours to install, the tuning can take forever but I have had good luck with the maps on this site. People get desperate for money because they spent too much for xmas or need money to get last minute gifts, that's probably why the guy dropped his price. The more popular the part is the less it's worth, since these cars are so rare the parts hold their value. I'm sure honda piggybacks are under $50 lol

lol.. it was a good Christmas for this car. In the last couple days I've bought/got the SSAFC, A Kenwood DVD player with backup camera, I just bought a AEM wideband, a 3" Megan resonator with a O2 bung for my regular 02 sensor, and a 3" test pipe I found for an EVO..

To explain, the test pipe has 3" 2 bolt flanges on both sides, and it's 22" long, and straight SS pipe. so I plan on cutting it in half(ish) and using that to start the custom 3" off the Pope downpipe. I''ve got a 3" V-band flange to weld in somewhere so I can build a swappable CAT/No CAT situation for inspections. I think I wanna grab a power inverter so my laptop can ride shotgun. I was looking into the AEM boost gauge too, since it says it has 0-5V output that I believe the SSAFC v2 is supposed to read.

My biggest question right now believe it or not is all this vacuum line routing. I have a vacuum block I never installed because IDK what the final verdict is on the best way to source the boost to the block.

Anyone have any input on that? Or anything I just said regarding all these mods... lol (anyone)

Last edited:
lol.. it was a good Christmas for this car. In the last couple days I've bought/got the SSAFC, A Kenwood DVD player with backup camera, I just bought a AEM wideband, a 3" Megan resonator with a O2 bung for my regular 02 sensor, and a 3" test pipe I found for an EVO..

To explain, the test pipe has 3" 2 bolt flanges on both sides, and it's 22" long, and straight SS pipe. so I plan on cutting it in half(ish) and using that to start the custom 3" off the Pope downpipe. I''ve got a 3" V-band flange to weld in somewhere so I can build a swappable CAT/No CAT situation for inspections. I think I wanna grab a power inverter so my laptop can ride shotgun. I was looking into the AEM boost gauge too, since it says it has 0-5V output that I believe the SSAFC v2 is supposed to read.

My biggest question right now believe it or not is all this vacuum line routing. I have a vacuum block I never installed because IDK what the final verdict is on the best way to source the boost to the block.

Anyone have any input on that? Or anything I just said regarding all these mods... lol (anyone)
There is a check valve in the brake booster line. You have to install your vacuum block before it. In other words brake booster always needs to see vacuum.

I got the dvd player installed. I'm thinking about getting some vinyl wrap for the cupholder, the climate trim piece, and the trim piece that came with the DVD player.. that way it takes up some of the gaps and makes it all uniform in color. I hid the microphone for the handsfree in that little cubby under the ashtray. If you didn't know it was there, you'd never see it. I grounded the parking brake trigger to the housing of the unit so now we are always in park. (smoke) IDC.. if someone wants to watch a DVD on a roadtrip, I'm accommodating it. lol There's no where good to mount the backup camera, so I just did the wiring for it. I'm going to get one that bolts to the license plate frame. I've been thinking about the whole wideband mounting location and I'm wondering if I should just mount it in the downpipe, maybe a few inches before the flange. That way no matter what I do with my exhaust, the wideband isn't going anywhere.

Last edited:
I got the dvd player installed. I'm thinking about getting some vinyl wrap for the cupholder, the climate trim piece, and the trim piece that came with the DVD player.. that way it takes up some of the gaps and makes it all uniform in color. I hid the microphone for the handsfree in that little cubby under the ashtray. If you didn't know it was there, you'd never see it. I grounded the parking brake trigger to the housing of the unit so now we are always in park. (smoke) IDC.. if someone wants to watch a DVD on a roadtrip, I'm accommodating it. lol There's no where good to mount the backup camera, so I just did the wiring for it. I'm going to get one that bolts to the license plate frame. I've been thinking about the whole wideband mounting location and I'm wondering if I should just mount it in the downpipe, maybe a few inches before the flange. That way no matter what I do with my exhaust, the wideband isn't going anywhere.
Just make sure to put the wide band far enough away from the turbo.

Is anyone around, running big boost? I've had a huge vacuum leak that keeps the car from idling for a few weeks. Today I soaked everything down with soapy water and pressurized the manifold. The upper and lower halves are leaking like crazy. All I can figure is that I blew out the gasket under boost (as high as about 19 psi), has anyone else run into this?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Is anyone around, running big boost? I've had a huge vacuum leak that keeps the car from idling for a few weeks. Today I soaked everything down with soapy water and pressurized the manifold. The upper and lower halves are leaking like crazy. All I can figure is that I blew out the gasket under boost (as high as about 19 psi), has anyone else run into this?

My half's were leaking because of that gasket.

My half's were leaking because of that gasket.

Did you just replace it and go on about your business or did you reassemble the manifold with rtv rather than the gasket? I hate pulling the intake manifold and don't want this to be a regular thing.

Did you just replace it and go on about your business or did you reassemble the manifold with rtv rather than the gasket? I hate pulling the intake manifold and don't want this to be a regular thing.

I replaced it with the metal gasket.
But I am not running high boost yet. I think I was just spoke that damaged it.

My car just overheated. The water pump and radiator is less than 2 years old. It's not leaking from any of the radiator hoses. What could it be?
781c78d6c695ae09df17f48743d9f3f5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

My car just overheated. The water pump and radiator is less than 2 years old. It's not leaking from any of the radiator hoses. What could it be?
781c78d6c695ae09df17f48743d9f3f5.jpg

Head gasket isn't the answer you want, but if the cooling system is healthy it needs to be investigated. Is there oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil?

I'm not sure. Can I check that with the oil dipstick?

If things are real bad, the oil will look like frothy chocolate milk that can be seen on the dipstick. It takes a lot of water in the oil to do that though.

I just checked it and it seems fine. No frothy chocolate milk

That doesn't guarantee anything, but that's still good news. It's also worth checking the thermostat. Pull it and put in hot water and see if it's behaving itself.

I'm on the side of the road. I don't have hot water accessible. I'm gonna check the coolant level from the radiator cap once it cools down. I'm gonna try to put coolant and water in and see if I can drive it at least to my uncles

Let it cool, throw some water at it, and get it someplace you can diagnose the problem.

Back