What have you done to your MSP today?

Soooooo....... ****!!!!!! I went to go replace the two rubber exhaust hangers on the msp midpipe and once again the car wont start. Wtf!!! Did I just blow another fuel pump relay? I did touch the secondary 02 sensor cable to move it out of the wy and that was it. Any ideas. The msp is being an ass!

my msp and ms6 sit. working on some custom stuff for the msp before i can finally put the motor in. probably stay fsde until the ms6 is done and making the 550-600 hp it needs. then kldet for the msp

Soooooo....... ****!!!!!! I went to go replace the two rubber exhaust hangers on the msp midpipe and once again the car wont start. Wtf!!! Did I just blow another fuel pump relay? I did touch the secondary 02 sensor cable to move it out of the wy and that was it. Any ideas. The msp is being an ass!

The relays themselves shouldn't fail, the fuse will blow first.

my msp and ms6 sit. working on some custom stuff for the msp before i can finally put the motor in. probably stay fsde until the ms6 is done and making the 550-600 hp it needs. then kldet for the msp
That sounds cool, how much power can the KL make? I'm all for engine swaps but personally I don't understand the KL swap trend. You can make the same power with an FS for far less money and it will be just as reliable if not more so, not to mention parts are more plentiful and cheaper. And you avoid the headache of wiring everything to work.

Worked on fixing some of the peeling clear coat on the rear door jams. Used the left over clear coat from the Sylvania head light restore kit because I could use a brush, so no need to mask everything off. Came out well enough although you can see some brush strokes. Way better than seeing chunks of peeling clear.

Here's the paint work. Hard to tell in the door jams, but anyone with a black MSP should know what I'm talking about with the peeling clear coat. Or maybe I'm alone on this one. Also here's a photo with the freshly painted OEM bumper, painted CF hood, and fresh paint on the upper grill trim:

DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

Hi

I haven't had my MSP very long, but I've started to order some parts. One of those was an intake manifold. I need the egr pipe size before they can ship it out. I am told it's either 22mm or 27mm. Unfortunately, I'm away for at least a week. Is there a stock size? I prefer not to wait until I get back to get this figured out, but if I do, where do look/what do I do to figure it out?

Thanks in advance.

so its the 626 mani? the part number is FSJ2-20-310A. they were super slow to find one for me and couldn't come up with the right one so I ended up having to order it directly from the mazda dealership and it got there the next day. they usually are pretty good ive gotten plenty from them myself but I had the same problem as you with the egr pipe so hope this helps!

so its the 626 mani? the part number is FSJ2-20-310A. they were super slow to find one for me and couldn't come up with the right one so I ended up having to order it directly from the mazda dealership and it got there the next day. they usually are pretty good ive gotten plenty from them myself but I had the same problem as you with the egr pipe so hope this helps!

Thanks

I'll let you guys know how it goes and post pics. Everything should be installed in a few weeks.

Hi

I haven't had my MSP very long, but I've started to order some parts. One of those was an intake manifold. I need the egr pipe size before they can ship it out. I am told it's either 22mm or 27mm. Unfortunately, I'm away for at least a week. Is there a stock size? I prefer not to wait until I get back to get this figured out, but if I do, where do look/what do I do to figure it out?

Thanks in advance.

The 626 mani won't make any more power. I don't care what BS street unit has on their website. Just remove the VTCS flaps in your stock manifold and you will make the same power if not more with a lot more low end than with the 626.

Meh. Hyper silver looked better than textured grey =[ ah well. No rash I guess.

I think the wheels turned out awesome, but after reading the how-to it seems like a LOT of work. Took the OP 3-4 days to paint his wheels.

Meh. Hyper silver looked better than textured grey =[ ah well. No rash I guess.
I would never have had to paint them had the car not gotten side swiped by a snow plow many a year ago and took out the front left wheel (lower left wheel in the first picture). They'll be going with the car when I sell it and I'll keep the current wheels for winter tires. If they didn't weigh so much I'd keep them and ditch the current wheels, but 17lb < 23lb or whatever they weigh.

hornsfan10609 said:
I think the wheels turned out awesome, but after reading the how-to it seems like a LOT of work. Took the OP 3-4 days to paint his wheels.
Yeah it does take a long time. You could do it in one entire day, but that would be a very, very long day. It took me about a week only because I was doing two wheels at a time to make sure everything came out all right.

Last edited:
Back