What have you done to your MSP today?

wtb 03/mp3 style wing and some kind of rear splitter.. just sayin.... lol.

Calculatedomestic shippong to seawings in blaine washington.

Its been a good morning in the shop. I built a built a customer downpipe and finally built a downpipe and manifold for myself! :) Its been a long time coming and I can't wait to put my parts on a car I'm keeping. I also got the sidemount intercooler mounted and all intercooler the piping routed and cut. Now I just need to do some aluminum welding, cut and weld up a cold air box around the filter and I'll have that done.

The to-do list in no particular order:

Remove tru-boost
Remove stock exhaust
Remove rear bumper cover and swap with another I have
Swap driver's seat cover with another
Swap to like new steering wheel
Install radio pocket
Swap shocks and springs to the illuminas and eibachs
Build exhaust
Wire in the unichip / mount and plumb boost solenoid
Wire in and mount the PLX DM-100 and wideband sensor module
Build mounts for B series radiator
Source radiator hoses
Install oil pan baffle and pan
Flush fluids
Get tires mounted
Registration / insurance
graphics, decals, or wrap
loads of powder coating
design and install trans brace
Build spare engine and install
Build spare trans and install
Clutch and flywheel upgrade
etc.

Basically, I'm almost done :)

^Damn, nice work.

Finished the rear brakes on 1574, the old pads weren't as bad as I thought but it has brand new ones now. The drivers caliper was difficult to retract but doesn't seem to be seized because both rear rotors felt about the same temperature after driving.

And after driving 1345 last night (which I now refer to as 'the fast one') it sprung a pinhole leak in the coolant hose on the back of the coolant block on the head. It's close to the end so I will likely just cut the hose shorter instead of replacing it.

Still need to put the boost gauge on 1574 so I can see what is happening with the boost. I'm getting a P2006 so i'm sure it's the internal wastegate flap but I am dreading pulling the damn turbo and S pipe off. Either way the car runs like a dog, definitely feels like it isn't pushing any boost and the BOV is pretty quiet. Need to fix the WG flap and get an AFC for it.

Last edited:
I hit 26psi today... A spike... That was interesting. I went to 12.8 on my wideband.... I need to datalog and get a real tune. I think I'll leave it at 20 and tune it there. I'm still really rich otherwise, though... Low 10s

Thinking of purchasing the Unichip from Mr. Pope there to replace the FTC. Wanting badly to stay away from the monetary investment of a standalone...

^Damn, nice work.

Finished the rear brakes on 1574, the old pads weren't as bad as I thought but it has brand new ones now. The drivers caliper was difficult to retract but doesn't seem to be seized because both rear rotors felt about the same temperature after driving.

And after driving 1345 last night (which I now refer to as 'the fast one') it sprung a pinhole leak in the coolant hose on the back of the coolant block on the head. It's close to the end so I will likely just cut the hose shorter instead of replacing it.

Still need to put the boost gauge on 1574 so I can see what is happening with the boost. I'm getting a P2006 so i'm sure it's the internal wastegate flap but I am dreading pulling the damn turbo and S pipe off. Either way the car runs like a dog, definitely feels like it isn't pushing any boost and the BOV is pretty quiet. Need to fix the WG flap and get an AFC for it.
Getting the whole turbo assembly out is not that bad. Took a friend and I an hour and a half and I was mostly directing him as he didn't work on his car much.

Getting the whole turbo assembly out is not that bad. Took a friend and I an hour and a half and I was mostly directing him as he didn't work on his car much.
It really isn't, though I'm sure he knows that. But when I do have to take it off, I dread it so much. It's really not that much work, I just hate it. I have to remove my radiator to get the assembly out and I don't remember if that's necessary in stock trim. I hate messing with coolant or brake fluid.

It really isn't, though I'm sure he knows that. But when I do have to take it off, I dread it so much. It's really not that much work, I just hate it. I have to remove my radiator to get the assembly out and I don't remember if that's necessary in stock trim. I hate messing with coolant or brake fluid.
Yes stock we had to remove the fans but removed the radiator also for safety.

is the oil cooler easy to remove? gonna pull the whole setup from the msp one weekend and prep it for the p5. i might replace the oil and water lines with aftermarket, maybe with a prosport sandwitch plate? or should i use a T to tap the oil pressure sender. thinking id delete the throttle body but use the coolant locations for the turbo instead. which one is hot and which is cold?

also, they make clamping oil fittings. ie a flanged side is inserted from the inside and has a big ass nut on the outside so i would nt have to tap the block, just drill it. where would i want to install the tap though? side of block, bearing support plate?
ill be running popes unichip for sure. though msp ecu to get it running prob.

Back