What have you done to your MSP today?

Tore it down to install my new WGA but have ran into a few problems. I was goign to remove the bolts holding the exhuast mani. So I can give my self more room by pulling it all away from the head.

However I have one stupid bolt i cant even get a socket onto!!!! I put the stupid bolt on but now I cant even get a stupid socket on it. I'm stumped and the bolt head arnt rounded off or anything. Also how in the hell do I get that stupid little clip off the wastegate arm???? I can't really see it from under the car. I currently have the j-pipe removed.

Edit: Well I finally got that bolt out! It was as if I needed a really thin walled socket to get at it. So I took it upon my self to trash one of my el cheapo sockets! I hammered that s*** on and got it off!

Now I just gotta figure out how that stupid clip comes off and how in the hell im going to get it back on the car. I'll try it agian in the morning.

Last edited:
My bottom end is together =)

congrats dude!

I just tore my motor out and apart this weekend =(

I'm sick of running into issues, and at the point where I think I'm going to pay a pro to build my block this time.....10 months and on the third time pulling the motor to build it FTMFL (bang)

Installed the corksport exhaust, blacked the head lights out, installed the steering wheel pod, new lug nuts, 6000k HId kit. And today putting in the wideband and cleaning the EGR again.

congrats dude!

I just tore my motor out and apart this weekend =(

I'm sick of running into issues, and at the point where I think I'm going to pay a pro to build my block this time.....10 months and on the third time pulling the motor to build it FTMFL (bang)

me,my friend,and his dad put it all together check all the specs...ring gap,crank end play,ect. and everything was ******* perfect. Im re assembling my head today(competly took it apart yesterday to clean it all) and after that its going on the motor. Were gonna check compression before it goes in the car so if anything is wrong with it we can catch it there

Finsihed installing my WGA from PG and the car feels like it has a lot more power even when driving it normal! The install in general was pretty easy and straight forward other then my one stupid bolt issue. I also lost that little clip to! Also discovered that my motor mounts are beyond shot!! You can feel them not under normal acceleration.

me,my friend,and his dad put it all together check all the specs...ring gap,crank end play,ect. and everything was ******* perfect. Im re assembling my head today(competly took it apart yesterday to clean it all) and after that its going on the motor. Were gonna check compression before it goes in the car so if anything is wrong with it we can catch it there

lol, I totally just re-read my post above and man I was frustrated last night! geez....nothing I did in the engine build was wrong, it was predetonation that caused the spun bearing not a shotty engine build >.<

I certainly hope the best of luck to you in your setup bro, let me know how it turns out!

Im at 990 miles. I got it about 2-3 weeks ago, im waiting for 10 more miles and ima push every gear, i never really felt it i was just trying to break it in.....thats about it. ohh and im looking online for a turbo timer, because this morning i smashed to work and when i got to the parking lot i was waiting for about a min but i wasnt to sure if it was enough cool down time

Im at 990 miles. I got it about 2-3 weeks ago, im waiting for 10 more miles and ima push every gear, i never really felt it i was just trying to break it in.....thats about it. ohh and im looking online for a turbo timer, because this morning i smashed to work and when i got to the parking lot i was waiting for about a min but i wasnt to sure if it was enough cool down time

I say drive around the block a few times staying out of boost them go park it.

Back