What have you done to your MS3 today?

That would be in Jay, Florida. 345' above sea level. We're at a bit over 200'. Unless we have another Chicxulub, we should be OK. Meanwhile, we just lost power. Gotta go before the UPS quits.

*EDIT* Well, it quit before I could finish. The power was out 'til 0130. Gotta hand to our power company - they jump right on outages.

that matte black is really looking sharp in that picture. do you have more pics? how hard was it to do? i can see me using this down the road!

Its not very difficult to do, just involves time and much patience. The stretching along with a heat gun are you friends. It took me a couple hours each panel. I initially did it on my hood to prevent more rock chips from the expressway, which I must say it is quite durable and bugs wash off clean. I have a few little imperfections that bug me a little however, the outcome still looks decent. Plus I like the change up in look, next is my roof.

IMAG0596.jpg

Looks good britz.

I installed my hawk hps pads along with stoptech ss brake lines yesterday with the help of my friends. Bled the system with wilwood 570 fluid. Also installed Russell speed bleeders. Finished at 11:30 so I haven't even tried driving around yet. Have to bed them in as well. Should be fun for this week's Autocross though :)

Looks good britz.

I installed my hawk hps pads along with stoptech ss brake lines yesterday with the help of my friends. Bled the system with wilwood 570 fluid. Also installed Russell speed bleeders. Finished at 11:30 so I haven't even tried driving around yet. Have to bed them in as well. Should be fun for this week's Autocross though :)
Quick questions. Speed bleeders. Are they easier to degas?and draining and fillare they easily done with just one person? May i pm you with some more questions?
Also be sure andreport your results street andtrack. thanks and good luck at track. The ss lines are nice for pedal feel and security

Quick questions. Speed bleeders. Are they easier to degas?and draining and fillare they easily done with just one person? May i pm you with some more questions?
Also be sure andreport your results street andtrack. thanks and good luck at track. The ss lines are nice for pedal feel and security

When I go to do brakes next by myself this is what I'm going to make to bleed them: http://faculty.ccp.edu/faculty/dreed/campingart/jettatech/bleeder/index.htm

A friend of mine did it on his MR2 Spyder and it worked great. The positive pressure prevents any air from being sucked or drawn in.

When I bled brakes for my race bikes, I used a big syringe and injected at the caliper and sucked extra out of the reservoir. Can't really do that with a car.

I can't comment on ease of degas since I never used the stockers. The bleeding CAN be done with one person. It does prevent air from being pulled back into the system. For the price, it was worth the peace of mind. You can PM me with any questions you have and I'll do my best to answer them (2thumbs)

When I go to do brakes next by myself this is what I'm going to make to bleed them: http://faculty.ccp.edu/faculty/dreed/campingart/jettatech/bleeder/index.htm

A friend of mine did it on his MR2 Spyder and it worked great. The positive pressure prevents any air from being sucked or drawn in.

That is very very interesting. Please let us know the results.

got 2oz of refrigerant added, a/c still cuts out every once in a while. ugh.
You might have to much in there. It'll cut off the compressor if there is to much pressure. That happened to a friend of mine when her bf put two cans of freon in her truck. I plugged in my tool with the gauge and it was way over. Purged it a little and all was good. Might be the issue.. Worth a look.

I had my ASE friend do it with his machine. It was cutting out before that and I've never added refrigerant since I've owned it new.

I hope it just resolves itself, lol and is not the compressor.

The AC system is not generally something that needs to be "topped off". if you were low that means you have a leak and its just going to happen again. your friend should have evacuated it and refilled it along with some flourescent oil so you couod have checked for leakage yourself

Unfortunately it just never stops. AC is something I've noticed that constantly needs attention and rarely works perfectly for very long without something failing. Your AC can be refilled to the correct pressure on the low side once a season. I know plenty of people that do it. I might have to, as well soon.

Part of the training for my job calls for me to be pepper sprayed. Did that today, and then cranked my AC all the way cold and used it to relieve the pain. For those who haven't experienced it, I would advise you to avoid the experience. If you must, prepare for a whole new kind of hurt.

Unfortunately it just never stops. AC is something I've noticed that constantly needs attention and rarely works perfectly for very long without something failing. Your AC can be refilled to the correct pressure on the low side once a season. I know plenty of people that do it. I might have to, as well soon.

I guess I should count myself lucky that, living in this Texas heat, it's only now started to sputter on me. 5 years isn't bad to lose 2oz.

The first time I drove my '10 speed3 the AC was like an arctic blast in my face. I have never seen a car with such good ac.

it seems like my a/c when turned off, still leaks based off the temp previously selected (whether heat or cool). so even if i'm not using the air, i have to select what i want as an ambient temp before turning it off. also, at 35k.. 60* is not what is used to be.

Back