What have you done to your MS3 today?

They're certainly a bit "finnicky" in my opinion, and the repair/maintenance of them can get pretty $$$, even if you're doing the labor yourself.

Agreed. I adore the B5 S4 but wouldn't trust one for a daily unless you're willing to take on the inevitable fixes down the road. When my MS3 popped up for sale, it made the decision to skip some of the older high-buck cars on my list a lot easier. Either way, good luck with it if you go that route. Sweet car for sure. (cabpatch)

While those can be really fun cars, there are certain things that would probably keep me from ever buying one with that kind of mileage (especially modded) as my daily driver...

They're certainly a bit "finnicky" in my opinion, and the repair/maintenance of them can get pretty $$$, even if you're doing the labor yourself.

You may already be aware of all of this, but I figured I'd throw it out there for you. :)

yeah, I know all about B5's. My older brother has a tuned B5 S4 with close to 100k on it, so I fully know the s*** I'm about to start...haha, but it should be fun, and I drive it like a granny except for a few pulls every once in a while...:)

Agreed. I adore the B5 S4 but wouldn't trust one for a daily unless you're willing to take on the inevitable fixes down the road. When my MS3 popped up for sale, it made the decision to skip some of the older high-buck cars on my list a lot easier. Either way, good luck with it if you go that route. Sweet car for sure. (cabpatch)

Yeah, I do agree, and its a risk I have decided im willing to take. The thing is, with these cars, a lot can go wrong, however, a stage 3 car usually has many of the problem areas already taken care of, ie, the turbos being number 1, in addition, as long as regular maintenance has been done, such as the timing belt and oil changes, most cars dont have huge issues. My brother is running on a chipped 01.5 S4 with 100k miles on it, on the original K03's, and no sign of slowing down. The only major maintenance that he has been done were 02 sensors @40k, and timing belt @60k. Not to mention, he's running aftermarket suspension, as well as a few other things. Hopefully it will be this easy for me...lol

trimmed the inside of my rear fenders with a dremel to eliminated the tiny rub i get on really hard bumps(or with all of my stupid friends in the back seat!).

I was the owner of an 01 B5 S4, and it was a hell of a car. I took it to stage 2+ and it ripped. I can only imagine what a K04 car feels like. Good luck with the sale!

thanks! yeah, my bro has a stage 2 and it rips...I have a buddy that is going to give me a ride in his stage 3 that ive never ridden in...should be freaking awesome...

took her to mazda today to see what they'd offer me on a trade in...$15000. I politely walked out lol

took her to mazda today to see what they'd offer me on a trade in...$15000. I politely walked out lol

Ouch! I've had 3 dealers offer me $18k or higher on a trade. I had debated on it, but nothing beats what i've got. I'd even consider a 2010 MS3 but something tells me a 2010 WRX would fit the bill better than another Fail Wheel Drive.

Ouch! I've had 3 dealers offer me $18k or higher on a trade. I had debated on it, but nothing beats what i've got. I'd even consider a 2010 MS3 but something tells me a 2010 WRX would fit the bill better than another Fail Wheel Drive.

I'm hanging on to my MS3 for at least another 18 months or so- I want to see how the ///M version of the 1 Series turns out.

installed PTP S1 HPFP. it was easier than i thought it would be and i'm glad to see 420-430 idle fuel pressure again.

Back