What have you done to your MS3 today?

Justin sent me the 2nd revision of the e85 map a few days ago. 2nd is useless with heavy ass wheels. 3rd barks like 2nd used to. My god I love corn.

Got my windows tinted and ugly ass penstripe removed

20130814_143234_zps8ba9ba0e.jpg

Did some fender work and installed a new set of wheels this wekeend. the car looks so low in the rear in the first pictures because i have a full set of pu wheels and tires in the hatch.

9548216576_79b6ff6299.jpg

9545426945_caf64e6b4a_c.jpg

Fixed my oil pressure sender contacts so that it works correctly again, put in a restricter banjo bolt in the K04, and hooked up my grimmspeed in 2-port mode and making some tweaks in ATR for the 3 bar map

Had my car plasti dipped today by a group called "Addipted"! Car looks amazing! Follow them on instagram and facebook to see their awesome work.

attachment.php

Plasti Dip.JPG

Last edited:
Finally got the correct parts from cs the other day and installed my cai, tip and racing rmm. Car feels much better btw gears and take off. Had a bit of trouble getting the rmm bracket off due to only having a 12 ratchet fit under the car.

Yesterday i went to visit the car . we had a small dilemna about fitting an adult sized battery in the car and closing the hood. actually its a Miata battery trying to fit in a JBR tray the way i have it rigged up (half assed ). but whatevers.

after some chatting, I asked the tech ..how does it run ? He grinned from ear to ear. i guess he got into boost in the dealership parking lot . Got some attention it seems the mechs are asking for rides before i bring it home. and the service writers and salesmen all wanted to see what all the noise was. slow day i suppose ?

The new battery will be here friday and Saturday morning we install it.
as some of you know i have not driven the car in a couple years for a variety of reasons and this project has gone to and fro so many times i have gray hair. well more gray hair. So put it back together finally and found while trying to turn over the computer lost its mind from being disconnected and without power for so long. Well thats fixed and the VVT issue is repaired. No valvetrain issues after a full top end inspection . actually 74k and no lobe wear or scuffing. all critical hardware was as it should. RoyalPurple has treated her well it seems.

I will run her , for time . Yet to be determined as this.... just the cai and larger inlet pipes to this freshened Ko4 .the 3.5 ETS . The exhaust is the Corksport TBE i chose the high flow cat for now (play nice ) .

thats it for now. Just will be happy to driving her again .

For me the icing upon my cake is that my good youngish friend has returned back home from out of state and is still tuning some decent cars. Now Ethanol is the trend.
Its seems there is some competitive tuning to be found between Buffalo Rochester and WNY ! and some crap.
He has the ghetto drag car running pretty good on corn too ! 38lbs no wastegated crx. He put in next to his gsx 750 to compare notes. yep corn is the future. Just gotta add alotta more fuel is the trick eh?
He / I will be using the Cobb this time to make it happy . should be a huge leap from the old CP-e standback. No offense CP-e : )

I have been collecting parts for awhile. cool parts .
Now, with me , i am sure that i am going to run into some issues and setbacks .
But Saturday .. If my battery arrives Friday night. The chances are very good i will be bringing my sweetheart home.
at 15.6lbs or whatever the stock tune allows. i forgot.

Oakland ,
You have been a loyal dude and you bring a positive attitude for us. I have been reading you for as long as i have been on this here forum (2008?) and always always you have been the gentleman and a pleasure to read.
Hate to see you go but..
for myself i and i bet plenty others, I wish you and the family the very best .
Maybe when you get old and gray and get a burr in your saddle like me , you will buy a Miata. and be happy again to zoom zoom.

I got anger issues so am building a Speed 3 over again.
thanks for listening kids and wish me luck .

its zoom f'n zoom for me

I'm close to running out of fuel with my setup on E85. You won't have the same issue with a K04. And seriously **** Rochester for having so many E85 stations. My god, they're everywhere.

I'm close to running out of fuel with my setup on E85. You won't have the same issue with a K04. And seriously **** Rochester for having so many E85 stations. My god, they're everywhere.
We have solved that , its simpler than you think .
now i have not put it in place... but the theory is sound.
I was asking those questions after reading about your issues. The answer was at the ready from him. DI is interesting but not as difficult as i made it out to be. been around quite awhile .
: )

got the car back today .
i forgot how to turn off the airconditioning. seriously.
went easy all day. suspension need to be dialed in.
I was easy with tin mashing . But she is boosting and runs sweet after some tweaks.
i just loaded a Cobb map at 17lbs. Hit the targets each run.
i just need to learn the details of the race tuning feature and the insane fun begins again.
My live data logging says i have plenty o' fuel and pretty good afrs.

Let the good work begin.

o btw that Cobb thing has come a long way since 07

anyone do any lower control arm (front ) upgrades ? My ball joints are hammered.
I am considering some Whiteline products .
Any thoughts folks ?

Cleaned out the interior a bit and put in WeatherTech floor mats. They fit very well and look great.

Cleaned out the interior a bit and put in WeatherTech floor mats. They fit very well and look great.

I just got a set of fronts too. Replaced the OEM rubber ones I wore a hole thru with my heel.

Spent the weekend doing a full hand wash, clay bar, polish, and coat of wax. A ton of work, but much needed! Car looks better than when I bought it 3 years ago. 6 years and 100,000 miles of dirt and grime stuck to that paint washing would not take off.

I've found what will be her replacement eventually

Alfa romeo 4c. My car will be retired as a parts/donor car for the wifey's speed3

Thats some class act right there. Love Alfas . and delighted they offer an "entry level " for them, sports car.
I too have considered this one .

Today i removed the other front coilover . I had not installed the front passenger side correctly and when seating the spring i crimped the upper Steel spring bushing which ate the the "rubber " mid bushing.
So thats what that nasty noise was? yes Eric you idiot.
Oh. oops.
So ordered some more over phone today.
I also decided the lower control arms ( ball joints ) can make it till the end of the season if i stuff some more grease in them poor booties.
Still shooting for nator meet but it will depend on arrival of bits. argghhh.
need to remove defouler on CS downpipe with stage two + tune p0139 and give that a try.
Then drop the car another inch or so in front then get some alignment dialed in.
I have read so many negatives about K sport coilers and i just dont get it. I have RRs and they are just sweet. even with the nasty spring rates i am using. very friendly DD and very nice when pushing it
Go Bills !
oops wrong forum

Back