What have you done to your MS3 today?

New

Put a new A/C compressor and belt on....

after 60,000KM it seized up.

phew - warranty covered it!

Installed the AWR motor mount, Vibrant front strut bar and finally cut out the splash pan for easier access to the oil filter. Don't know what took me so long on that one?

nice work bbrich... i just removed that stupid ass thing all together... it was pissin me off to no end.

tsunami said:
nice work bbrich... i just removed that stupid ass thing all together... it was pissin me off to no end.

I thought about doing that too, and in fact I haven't reinstalled it yet, but it does offer SOME level of protection. I will probably reinstall today/tomorrow. Vacation time this week, y'know.

I'm looking for help w/my springs and camber arms this week. I really, really wanna get this done, but so far no luck finding volunteers. Does this sound familar? :p (ZoomVT)

Hey Derek!! Where ya' been?? 'Haven't heard from you in a while.

Today... so far, I've removed the under hood insulation (clearance for the bar) and adjusted the hood latch.
For those of you who haven't seen the differences between the OEM & AWR mounts here's a picture.

IMG_0706W.jpg
I am getting a bit more vibration @ idle, which is kind of annoying, and that our engines aren't the smoothest 4-cyls out there she does "kick" a little when starting up.

Strut Bar.

IMG_0709W.jpg

IMG_0710W.jpg

It's been a coupla' days and here's what I've been up to...
1. Thanks to that stupid clip, the worst I have ever seen for a halogen bulb, I had to "fix" the RS low beam as the bulb was loose and not aligned.
2. Adjusted headlights and foglights. (Hope I did OK w/this one. Only time will tell.)
3. Touched up the calipers and rotor hats.
4. As someone put it once, I "completed the look," the look I've been going for, and painted the foglight surrounds in my now signature burgundy/red color.

IMG_0718W.jpg

IMG_0717W.jpg

5. While I was at that, I noticed my other badges needed touching up so the color would match.

IMG_0723W.jpg

IMG_0719W.jpg

6. While I was at that, I figured it was time for a detail. I washed and waxed the outside, but still have to do the inside (YUCK!!) and the door jams.

And there ya' have it... so far. Vacations @ home can be a wonderful thing. :D

Last edited:
looking good bbrich... really like the way the fog light looks, blue/red/black/white... nice layering

tsunami said:
looking good bbrich... really like the way the fog light looks, blue/red/black/white... nice layering

You're the first one to get that... or at least say something about it. Good eye, Derek!!
The basic scheme is blue behind, red (burgundy) out front. The black and white Mazda supplied, and I can't take credit for that. :D

I got my CAI installed, all by yours truly. It is definitely nice to hear the turbo and the bov. Oh and the butt dyno is happy too.
intake014.jpg

intake012.jpg

javanc said:
I got my CAI installed, all by yours truly. It is definitely nice to hear the turbo and the bov. Oh and the butt dyno is happy too.
intake014.jpg

intake012.jpg

Did the same thing yesterday! I love that CAI!(kiss)

This morning I did a baseline dyno run in preparation for the Mazdaspeed CAI installation. Did the installation without problem except I had to move the Hella horns I installed the other weekend because they interfered. Also changed the oil (1100 miles). Worked some more on the useless fog lamps, trying to make them less useless. Tomorrow I will do the "after" dyno run.

Got my CEL checked! Stupid fuel cap! After the code was cleared though my car seemed to run better :) Also ordered a Cpe adapter flange for my HKS Bov, Hope to get that soon! also washed the car, OH and my latest mod is mounting my front license plate! Stupid Ohio and their laws, already got 1 warning and a ticket for it so I threw it on....

voiceKoil said:
... OH and my latest mod is mounting my front license plate! Stupid Ohio and their laws, already got 1 warning and a ticket for it so I threw it on....

Oh, Man!! I hope you didn't put holes in your bumper that weren't there before w/o asking us for some suggestions??? I would give anything not to have the bracket holes in mine.
I don't know about Ohio, but in Texas you may display your front plate in the windshield instead of the front bumper.
What I did was get some really good suction cups designed to hold up an acrylic display @ my store. The slotted backs were a little big in diameter, which is a good thing. I trimmed off two sides and slipped the cups into the slotted holes @ the top of the plate. I then slid the plate between the dashboard and windshield and attached the suction cups to the windshield.
Now I can easily remove it any time I want, i.e. a Mazda Meet, it stays put and almost out of site most of the time and it doesn't look like ass on my front bumper. Best of all, it's perfectly legal!! The cops don't like it, but they can't give you a hard time about it either.
Check the laws on your states DOT website. You may be able to do the same.

Got my Mazdaspeed struts installed yesterday.

Made a huge difference. It's almost like driving another car now.

I wouldn't mind some pics anyway, but you won't see anything. He installed dampers, not springs or coilovers. No difference in ride height.
Ride and handling are another matter.

Latest posts

Back