What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Im buying 2 more for the other Mazda's soon hopefully.

Here's my current one when i had it in my Mazda6.

066.jpg

Successfully superglued the tab back on to the Air Inlet Duct Cover for the cabin air filter that was already partially broken when I bought the car (used with 78k miles) a couple of weeks ago. In trying to replace the cabin air filter I fully broke the tab off :-(

Successfully glued the hinge back on to the sunglasses carrier of the overhead console. The plastics seem to get rather brittle when it is below freezing temperature and I've learnt not to not to try any investigating when it is getting dark and cold ;-(

Thumbs up for superglue though!

TheWombat

Successfully superglued the tab back on to the Air Inlet Duct Cover for the cabin air filter that was already partially broken when I bought the car (used with 78k miles) a couple of weeks ago. In trying to replace the cabin air filter I fully broke the tab off :-(

Successfully glued the hinge back on to the sunglasses carrier of the overhead console. The plastics seem to get rather brittle when it is below freezing temperature and I've learnt not to not to try any investigating when it is getting dark and cold ;-(

Thumbs up for superglue though!

TheWombat

Nice! I love easy fixes to get things back to OEM. I had to do that with the ash tray/12v cover on my old 6. Popped it out, re-aligned the spring, and it worked perfectly for 4 years until I sold it. Even better when you can use those things to negotiate the price down.

And yes, winter mods SUCK on modern cars thanks to all the plastic clips and fasteners... Unless you have a nice warm garage (I don't :( , well, not big enough to fit this beast in.)

Nice. You're 6's leather looks to be in perfect shape too. So creamy...

I bought the 6 when it was less then a year old in 06, so ive been able to baby it. So it still shines like new. I also have a full set of spotless black leathers skins hidden away in case i ever want to change it up. The wife has been trying to convince me to sell off the 6, and my 626 beater, but its just so hard to give up cars you love so much. If Mazda gets there head out of there ass with the Skyactive-D CX5's, that might change though.

Holy s*** you weren't kidding...Recaro really does make a child seat.

YUP!

I don't have a kid, but when I do they are gonna ride in style in a Recaro or a Sparco F-700k:
Baby-car-seat-SPARCO-F700K-Red_enl.jpg

Recaro even makes strollers and stuff.

Supposedly some people have even made BRIDE replica child car seats and sell them on Alibaba, but I defintely wouldn't trust one of them.

If you do some research, the Recaro Baby seats are actually some of the best made anywhere. Because there used to making there seats fully compliant for road safety, they went overboard on there baby seats compared to others. Its what really helped me convince the wife to let me spend the extra coin on them. Plus a quality baby seat costs about $200 anyways. Might as well spend an extra $50 or so and get a BAMF seat im actually not embarrassed to have in my cars.

heck yeah, Recaro knows how to make a good seat.

...BAMF seat im actually not embarrassed to have in my cars.
(thumb)

In keeping with this thread:

Last Friday I went to get plates/register the Nine. Wanted a special Colorado Plate, so I went with our "State Parks" one. Really like the different look with the aspen trees and color scheme, and I don't see a lot of them on the road. Went with the state issued random number/letters though, since I don't know what I would possibly personalize it with. Plate is "Print on Demand", so I'll get it in "one to two months" hahahahah! They are crazy fast with the registration renewal stuff, so I'm hopeful it will be sooner than that.
BTW, cost me whopping $740.53 to register the damn thing (face palm). Stupid tax on new car "original value". This was in addition to to the 7.62% sales tax when I bought it (hand)

Plate.gif

Happy Monday Everyone!

Last edited:
YUP!

I don't have a kid, but when I do they are gonna ride in style in a Recaro or a Sparco F-700k:
Baby-car-seat-SPARCO-F700K-Red_enl.jpg

Recaro even makes strollers and stuff.

Supposedly some people have even made BRIDE replica child car seats and sell them on Alibaba, but I defintely wouldn't trust one of them.

Well I'll be damned. That's what I get for going straight to Babies "R" Us for my car seat. Next mod on my list for sure.

Well I'll be damned. That's what I get for going straight to Babies "R" Us for my car seat. Next mod on my list for sure.

I don't mean to hijack this thread into baby seats, lol, but take a look also at Safety 1st Air convertible seats at Amazon, the thing actually has airbags on the sides, not the type that explodes on impact, lol, just air filled cushions by the head supports. I was a first time dad, and like all dads thought the most expensive Recaro would be the best, it's good but my son found it uncomfortable and out grew it so fast the straps were not long enough, the Safety 1st with airbags is much more supportive when the kids fall asleep on long trips, just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I don't mean to hijack this thread into baby seats, lol, but take a look also at Safety 1st Air convertible seats at Amazon, the thing actually has airbags on the sides, not the type that explodes on impact, lol, just air filled cushions by the head supports. I was a first time dad, and like all dads thought the most expensive Recaro would be the best, it's good but my son found it uncomfortable and out grew it fast the straps were not long enough, the Safety 1st with airbags is much more supportive when the kids fall asleep on long trips, just my 2 cents.

NOPE> THREAD JACKING NOT ALLOWED!!!! ;) Hahah, jk. This is a random B.S. thread, as long as it's loosely related to the Nine, I think we're all fine :)

I don't even have a kid and I'm weighing in on this, lol. Amazon is great for testing though. If you order something and it doesn't fit your kid, you can always return it. And if you're Prime, it gets their super quick too.

heck yeah, Recaro knows how to make a good seat.

(thumb)

In keeping with this thread:

Last Friday I went to get plates/register the Nine. Wanted a special Colorado Plate, so I went with our "State Parks" one. Really like the different look with the aspen trees and color scheme, and I don't see a lot of them on the road. Went with the state issued random number/letters though, since I don't know what I would possibly personalize it with. Plate is "Print on Demand", so I'll get it in "one to two months" hahahahah! They are crazy fast with the registration renewal stuff, so I'm hopeful it will be sooner than that.
BTW, cost me whopping $740.53 to register the damn thing (face palm). Stupid tax on new car "original value". This was in addition to to the 7.62% sales tax when I bought it (hand)

Plate.gif

Happy Monday Everyone!

740 to register it? That's horsecrap! Hopefully my 13 is a bit cheaper, looks like I'll be taking the whole 60 days. Ownership tax should be illegal!

740 to register it? That's horsecrap! Hopefully my 13 is a bit cheaper, looks like I'll be taking the whole 60 days. Ownership tax should be illegal!

Yup, they claimed 2.5% "ownership tax" off the value of the vehicle after the trade. So something like $33k got taxed by this. It'll depend on what you traded in to get the purchase price down, but for me, $570 is just this tax (not state bridge/road fees, or the one time slight fee for the pretty plates). But hey, I get to claim it next year on my taxes (hand)

I completely agree with you.... It really does feel like double-dipping, as if the $2500 bucks they already got isn't enough... And the bad part is this number will still be relatively high next year and will SLOWLY go down... I'm really missing the $74 bucks it cost me to renew my 10 year old 6 last year :(

Last edited:
and out grew it so fast the straps were not long enough
My son is 5 years old, and still fits. My Recaro is rated and adjustable so he will be in the seat until he is old enough to seat without a seat. Sounds like you got one of the baby carriers, and not one of the convertibles like we have posted up.

Yup, they claimed 2.5% "ownership tax" off the value of the vehicle after the trade. So something like $33k got taxed by this. It'll depend on what you traded in to get the purchase price down, but for me, $570 is just this tax (not state bridge/road fees, or the one time slight fee for the pretty plates). But hey, I get to claim it next year on my taxes (hand)

I completely agree with you.... It really does feel like double-dipping, as if the $2500 bucks they already got isn't enough... And the bad part is this number will still be relatively high next year and will SLOWLY[/] go down... I'm really missing the $74 bucks it cost me to renew my 10 year old 6 last year :(

My 6 yr old STI is still 220. I don't know if the actual price you purchase it for comes into play in the "ownership tax". They tax it on what they think it's worth because when I got my STI there was a huge discount on it and the price they were basing this tax off was actually higher than what I paid. I just don't get how you can legally be taxed on something based on merely owning it! You just bought yours new correct? So the cummulative tax rate is 7.8% + 2.5% so 10.3%!!

Last edited:
My 6 yr old STI is still 220. I don't know if the actual price you purchase it for comes into play in the "ownership tax". They tax it on what they think it's worth because when I got my STI there was a huge discount on it and the price they were basing this tax off was actually higher than what I paid. I just don't get how you can legally be taxed on something based on merely owning it! You just bought yours new correct? So the cummulative tax rate is 7.8% + 2.5% so 10.3%!!

Yep, brand new off the lot. Sort of understand it goes to maintaining roads, building CDOT projects, and running plows in the winter, among other things. That 10.3% number is good for people to keep in mind when buying any car, in Colorado at least (I'm sure it's different in every state). That tax is collected no matter what, new or used. Interesting note on your STI, as I guess that prevents seller and buyer going in on it together and claiming the car was sold/bought for much less than actual (i.e. claim you bought a car for $5k when you really paid the seller $10k, but he was in on it so he writes down 5 on the title.) I'm probably a little out of my depth on how buying/selling/registering/titling a vehicle actually goes; my knowledge only comes from the research I did before I bought this car.

Only reason I figured it might be based off purchase price was that I handed the DMV my bill of sale which had all the break downs on it, and the "value" on my registration is close (if not the same, I'll have to look later), to what I technically got the sticker price down to, accounting my trade in.

I knew about all the taxes, and wasn't surprised/planned for it. But I'm still gonna b**** ;)

Changed the oil last night. Used a Motorcraft FL400S filter and Castrol GTX 5-20 and replaced the burned out parking light bulb on the passenger side headlight. I can tell yea it was a bit of a pig to get out. The socket didn't want to come out of the housing, so I had to remove the overflow bottle to get a better grip on in.

Washed off a couple week's worth of road grime thanks to the nice weather and threw the plates on! (Yup, they got here in 3 business days, but I appreciate the DMV covering it's butt and saying 1 to 2 months, lol).

The socket didn't want to come out of the housing, so I had to remove the overflow bottle to get a better grip on in.

I noticed that one was stiff on my '14 as well, but moving the reservoir makes it much easier to work around back there.

Turned on the car this morning and the TPMS yelled at me. Hasn't done it before, so I thought I'd be good and check tire pressures. 37 all around EXCEPT the drivers rear, which was at 27... Well that was because of a big ass screw jammed right in the middle of the tread pattern. Luckily it was through a tread block, so it didn't make to big of a hole into the pressure area. Put the spare on (that was fun at 615 am) because I didn't want to risk deflation. Brought it into Discount Tire and they took care of patching it up in 20 minutes (and I sat out there chatting with the guys fixing it/ letting them know I wanted 85 lbs of torque on the lugs, damnit! :) ) Super friendly group of guys, and it was no charge. Stealership i BOUGHT the car from wanted to charge me 15 bucks, and told me it would take 1 to 2 hours, hahaha (rolleyes)

Back