What did you pay?

BAC5.2

What should I edxpect tp pay for a 2007 Mazdaspeed3? I'm looking for a Silver one with the Grand Touring package (and possibly Nav). I think MSRP is around $25,000 or so (sans NAV).

Is there any advantage to the 2008 model year that should lead me to purchase an 08? Were there any changes from 2007?

Thanks!

Your in luck... i bought a ms3, gt, with nav... no other "options"

sticker price was 26,400. i payed $24,751+ttl supposedly "dealer invoice" but there may have been some rebates they were holding onto in selling me the car for invoice. They knew I was S plan, and a 3rd time mazda buyer, 2nd from that particular dealer.

26,051 out the door, in NC.

There's no rebates on the car and Mazda isn't even giving a break to most dealer employees that want a car for themselves, otherwise I'd be all over it. Depending on the market you're in, some dealers are still getting more than MSRP. If you want a good deal, run an Edmunds on the car, search local inventory on Mazdausa.com and pick a car that the dealer has in stock if you're open to color etc.... confirm an OTD price via e-mail with the dealer so it's in writing and show up ready to buy. It's really not that hard to buy a car.

I used to work at a Nissan dealership in sales, and I know how much of a rip-off dealers are.

If I end up getting an MS3, I expect to pay just below dealer invoice. I should be able to pull a few strings at the mazda branch of the dealership I worked at.

Now I'm struggling with insurance. Insurance on an MS3 is going to be triple what I'm paying now!

Your pretty close to me, what dealer did you go with?

I test drove at Congressional in Rockville, but I can't STAND their service department.

BAC5.2 said:
But that's MSRP. I'm not a fool, and I'm not going to pay sticker price.

haha. I was lucky to pay MSRP. THey were going for several thousand over sticker when I bought mine

No kidding? That's bull. I'm not afraid to walk away from the table, but that's really good to know.

I got one dealer, in writing, to agree to sticker. At least that's a fall back.

Insurance is the killer though. I've got 1 point on my license, and the cost of insurance is WAY outrageous. Over $2300 a year! I pay $800 a year now.

I paid MSRP as well, they wouldn't budge on pricing, and I went to 3 different dealers.

BAC5.2 said:
No kidding? That's bull. I'm not afraid to walk away from the table, but that's really good to know.

I got one dealer, in writing, to agree to sticker. At least that's a fall back.

Insurance is the killer though. I've got 1 point on my license, and the cost of insurance is WAY outrageous. Over $2300 a year! I pay $800 a year now.

My dealer was having trouble selling the speed3. Lots of interest in my area, but no one had the money/credit/insurability. I was one of the few who did. They were going to trade the car to another dealer for two other cars they could sell in this area. I literally bought my car the day it was going on the truck to leave. That may sound like a line from a salesman, but when I went to look at the car the day before I bought it, it was on a truck.

Make sure you get quotes from multiple companies on insurance. Many don't consider the MS3 a separate vehicle from the regular 3, and don't charge a different rate. Last I checked, GEICO was one. There are many more out there as well. I think Esurance doesn't have a separate listing for the ms3 either.

BAC5.2 said:
Your pretty close to me, what dealer did you go with?

I test drove at Congressional in Rockville, but I can't STAND their service department.

Heritage Mazda in Bel Air.

bushrat said:
Make sure you get quotes from multiple companies on insurance. Many don't consider the MS3 a separate vehicle from the regular 3, and don't charge a different rate. Last I checked, GEICO was one. There are many more out there as well. I think Esurance doesn't have a separate listing for the ms3 either.

It took my insurance company 3 months to catch the difference. (MetLife) My insurance when up $300 / 6 months when they did.

thats why i pay my insurance in 1 payment at the beginning of the year... They even sometime charge less since they dont have to worry about late/non payment.

mcb said:
thats why i pay my insurance in 1 payment at the beginning of the year... They even sometime charge less since they dont have to worry about late/non payment.

I do that too, but it doesn't matter. They can send an adjustment to your policy at any time. (I looked up the law on that one.) You do, however, increase your odds that they won't revisit your policy when you pay it all off at once.

camrycev6 said:
I do that too, but it doesn't matter. They can send an adjustment to your policy at any time. (I looked up the law on that one.) You do, however, increase your odds that they won't revisit your policy when you pay it all off at once.

I am not sure that's true after the policy is bound. The only changes that can be made AFTER the bound date are ones you call in to adjust. They are forced to carry the bound rate until renewal. I used to underwrite for Va, NC, WV, OH, PA (tort hell!) MD, and DC.

Back