What did you pay for your CX-5?

I just saved 2000 off msrp by visiting 3 dealerships and walking out. I had one calling me back trying to make a deal and the 3rd, they hit my price as I was about to walk from that one. The fake pandemic shortage is over. There never was a shortage either. They created their own by stiffing chip makers then the chip makers moved on to better clients. Car makers did that all to themselves.

2024 Cx5 premium plus trim. Platinum quartz msrp 38,100. So far I'm at $2250 off msrp with 0% financing over 60 months. I have the car now I requested an overnight test drive. But going to decide by tomorrow what I want to do.

What are you folks paying for your new CX-5's, in relation to MSRP?

I assume demand is far outreaching supply at the moment, and am curious what that's doing to the price.

I ask, primarily, because I have a fairly urgent need for a new vehicle, would like it to be the CX-5, but hate the idea of paying at, or above, MSRP :)

thanks!
I paid MSRP in December and was happy to do it with 0% financing for 5 years.

Beginning of the year i paid around $55000 (using current conversion rate) for 2023 CX-5 AWD 2,5 NA Homura Trim with below accessories:
- towing hook
- spare weel
- roof rack
- winter tires Continental TS870 P
and few others.
The price is total with taxes etc.

Got a '24 Carbon at the end of March. MSRP with delivery is $33,500 plus taxes and fees. I got $1000 in rebates, $2250 off in price adjustment and another $1500 off in the form of over-valuing my trade-in (aka more discount).

Leased a 2024 Turbo Signature on the last day of March. MSRP $42,690, that was discounted to $40,686, and the money factor translated to 2.42% APR on a 3 year, 12k / year lease. Happy with that discount and interest rate in the current environment.

Beginning of the year i paid around $55000 (using current conversion rate) for 2023 CX-5 AWD 2,5 NA Homura Trim with below accessories:
- towing hook
- spare weel
- roof rack
- winter tires Continental TS870 P
and few others.
The price is total with taxes etc.
What country is this?

Hey everyone! If you are interested in a new CX-5 and are located in the Northeast US, we just posted a thread of clearance deals on CX-5s from one of our large dealer partners. Dealer discounts as much as 12.5% Off MSRP, PLUS incentives/rebates! Prices are available for Cash, Finance or Lease purchases. I also have a dedicated Mazda rep, Nick, who is available to chat with anyone from the forum to answer questions, no obligation or cost. You may also reply to the thread and I am happy to answer any questions as well!

Cheers!

Just picked up a 2024 Signature Rhodium White as a somewhat of an impulse buy. Very little negotiation, well, because it wasn't really planned. Paid $3050 below MSRP.

I just bought a 2019 Mazda Cx-5 Grand Touring with GT premium package with about 50k miles on it. The dealer was asking for about 29k out the door price. I brought them down close to 24k, possibly could have been much less. But with a clean carfax history and service history, as well as one owner. I definitely took them up on that.

I just bought a 2019 Mazda Cx-5 Grand Touring with GT premium package with about 50k miles on it. The dealer was asking for about 29k out the door price. I brought them down close to 24k, possibly could have been much less. But with a clean carfax history and service history, as well as one owner. I definitely took them up on that.
Well done...I feel like them asking $29k is too high.

We just bought a 2024 carbon edition MSRP was 34010 we got 2000 discount plus 500 loyalty rebate so out the door price was 34300 because we got the gap insurance plus the three yr maintenance package for oil and tire rotations also got the 3.9 for 60 months financing

Attachments

• IMG_3649.jpeg
    IMG_3649.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 11
We just bought a 2024 carbon edition MSRP was 34010 we got 2000 discount plus 500 loyalty rebate so out the door price was 34300 because we got the gap insurance plus the three yr maintenance package for oil and tire rotations also got the 3.9 for 60 months financing
Nice car but you sadly left a lot of money on the table. Also you never buy gap insurance from the dealer and that prepaid maintenance was a total waste of $$ but if you are happy with the deal then enjoy

Nice car but you sadly left a lot of money on the table. Also you never buy gap insurance from the dealer and that prepaid maintenance was a total waste of $$ but if you are happy with the deal then enjoy
Instead of being so blatant, especially to someone who just became a new Mazda owner…How about providing helpful advice and doing so in a friendly way…Remember we’re trying to build a community here, not destroy it, thanks.

Just bought a 2024 Cx5 Turbo Signature in Rhodium White with about $500 dealer accessories for $45,100 out the door. This was in SW PP. No warranty add ons.

This was in SW PP.
Fair game for a "Hows it hanging?" Joke?

Instead of being so blatant, especially to someone who just became a new Mazda owner…How about providing helpful advice and doing so in a friendly way…Remember we’re trying to build a community here, not destroy it, thanks.
@quigley2003 This isn't a terrible deal, I'm unsure of the variables in terms of your taxes/fees in your specific location, however based on some assumptions if you are close to MSRP out the door with both GAP and Excess Wear and Tear included, it's definitely not a bad deal.

@Tchman2016 I think the idea of never buying GAP insurance or Excess Wear or any dealership product is a bit ignorant, respectfully. There is just way too much variability in such an absolute position when talking about state by state and dealer by dealer. IMO, a better position is that before buying any product from a dealer is to make sure you are well informed of what those products cover, what your alternative options are and what a fair price to pay is.

GAP is often a product you can only buy at contract inception, as a matter of fact, if leasing Mazda Financial won't let you add GAP to your lease after the lease is signed for. Had a situation where our dealer missed adding GAP one time by mistake, customer missed it as well on the contract, dealer was willing to re-book contracts but the Lender (MSF) actually rejected contract modification. Now, some insurance companies offer GAP through your regular insurance, however it is important to consider the valuation methods they use to determine GAP and what is covered. They may only pay up to X% over market value, which in some cases can defeat the purpose of GAP, where dealer GAP may cover a higher valuation gap. Without getting down a rabbit whole of dealer costs on finance products, principal packs on cost, etc GAP should COST a dealer somewhere around $300-$400 (varies by dealer, brand and GAP company) and so if you can score GAP coverage for close to cost or slightly over and if you did not put a large down payment or get a good discount, then GAP should very much be considered. In many cases, if you put a solid down payment and scored a good deal, the RISK is low enough to forego GAP, but that still doesn't make it worthless, just low likelihood of needing it. If you are like many Americans who often put nothing down, may roll negative equity into a car and may not negotiate the best discount, GAP even at double cost can be invaluable in the event of a market crash and a total loss accident. Think about everyone that bought during COVID at over MSRP and now owe way more than their cars are worth.

The same ideas can be applied to excess wear or prepaid maintenance or any other insurance product - it's a waste if you don't use it, but it's a life saver if you need it. The important thing is to make sure the cost of the insurance doesn't outweigh the potential benefit. Often Pre-paid maintenance falls into this trap where dealers mark it up so much its more expensive than your cost of maintenance over the term, do some research of what maintenance will cost for the term and simply make sure you negotiate a value below that, otherwise it brings you no real benefit.

Back