What did you pay for your CX-5?

According to my calculations, you paid $49,400 CDN (about $36,500 US) for your vehicle.

Looking at the mazdausa.com, and mazda.ca build and price sites, the Canadian CX-5 GT Sport Edition, is the equivalent of the American CX-5 2.5 Turbo Premium, which lists at $39,770 US in red with black leather.

So I think you made out just fine.

Did the dealer include anything like paint protection film, or any other accessories? Just curious.

My wife has a 2022 GT Sport Edition (we’re in Canada) and we love it. We got it without the turbo (which was an option in 2022).

Last edited:
According to my calculations, you paid $49,400 CDN (about $36,500 US) for your vehicle.

Looking at the mazdausa.com, and mazda.ca build and price sites, the Canadian CX-5 GT Sport Edition, is the equivalent of the American CX-5 2.5 Turbo Premium, which lists at $39,770 US in red with black leather.

So I think you made out just fine.

Did the dealer include anything like paint protection film, or any other accessories? Just curious.

My wife has a 2022 GT Sport Edition (we’re in Canada) and we love it. We got it without the turbo (which was an option in 2022).

This is the 2024 Sport Design (1 trim above the GT). And nope I did not want any of the additional usual dealer addon garbage that is worthless. They did not try to push it on me either or sneak it in on the paper.

The only thing they asked if I would be interested in are Mazda all weather floor mats but since I plan to purchase my own Weathertech I opted to pass. Overall great experience with the sales department. They were very laid back and not pushy at all. I knew what I was looking for and told them I wasn't interested in playing games and doing the whole back and forth between the sales manager office and they surprisingly respected that and didn't play the usual scummy sales tactics.

IMG_1489.jpeg

IMG_1491.jpeg

This is the 2024 Sport Design (1 trim above the GT). And nope I did not want any of the additional usual dealer addon garbage that is worthless. They did not try to push it on me either or sneak it in on the paper.

The only thing they asked if I would be interested in are Mazda all weather floor mats but since I plan to purchase my own Weathertech I opted to pass. Overall great experience with the sales department. They were very laid back and not pushy at all. I knew what I was looking for and told them I wasn't interested in playing games and doing the whole back and forth between the sales manager office and they surprisingly respected that and didn't play the usual scummy sales tactics.

Mazda's premium floor liner mats are actually really good, much better than the Weathertech options IMO. Or, you can get 3D MAXpider floor liners on Amazon for $180 CDN with free shipping. They're the exact same mats as the Mazda premium ones, they just don't have the Mazda logo. It's all just preference though.

Mazda's premium floor liner mats are actually really good, much better than the Weathertech options IMO. Or, you can get 3D MAXpider floor liners on Amazon for $180 CDN with free shipping. They're the exact same mats as the Mazda premium ones, they just don't have the Mazda logo. It's all just preference though.
That's actually good to know, thank you for the insight. Coming from a Ram 1500 where Weathertech are above and beyond better than anything else I just assumed it would be the same.

I agree with @sm1ke. We had Weathertech mats in our first CX-5 and I wasn't all that impressed with them. We have the OEM all weather mats in our CX-50 and they are nice and work very well. I can also speak to the 3d MAXpider as I have them in my MX-5 and love them. Another brand to check is TuxMat. I have been reading good things about them but have no first hand experience.

Congrats on your new CX-5! I hope it brings you many smiles.

These are what I have and are much cheaper for the entire set ($133 bucks with coupon and free shipping) than others. They have great coverage and are very durable. Highly recommended.

⋯ The only thing they asked if I would be interested in are Mazda all weather floor mats but since I plan to purchase my own Weathertech I opted to pass.
Not the Mazda All Weather floor mats, but Mazda OEM Canadian Premium floor liners are the best for CX-5 like @sm1ke said above.

You really don’t want to get WeatherTech for CX-5. Not only WeatherTech floor liners have covered only a half of the dead pedal, but also they didn't raise the liner edge to prevent dirt from filling the base of the throttle pedal. WeatherTech has straight line up around the accelerator base whereas many others such as Mazda All Weather floor liners have curved edge around the accelerator base.

The same on WeatherTech TrunkLiner. You have to “cut” the mat for the cargo hooks. OEM rubber cargo tray is a better choice.

Mazdashop.ca by Scarboro Mazda is a Mazda dealer in Canada and It’s been suggested by many members here for Mazda OEM Canadian-only Premium floor liners.

Mazda OEM Canadian-only Premium floor liners may be made by 3D MAXpider, but these 2 floor liners look different on style、pattern、and material in detail. Here is the comparison on driver side:

Canadian OEM Premium:
719376A2-AF03-4809-93E4-6AAB5EA8BDA2.png

3D Maxpider:
026F7534-4E85-44CF-82C8-61216247688A.jpeg

Both Canadian Premium and Maxpider liners definitely are better fit by the evidence of curved edge around the accelerator base vs. straight line up on WeatherTech floor liners and Husky Weatherbeaters liners.

13% sales tax where I live. Nothing I can do about it. No extra fees added on above MSRP, etc. A Sport Design Turbo here in Canada is 46k before taxes.

So no, unfortunately I didn't get ripped off, Canadian prices for vehicles are just completely outrageous now.
Congrats on your new purchase, excellent choice if you're O.K. with black leather as it goes with any paint color IMO but it can get hot (thank God for ventilated seats); I agree with you that the brown leather in the Signature is not ideal especially with certain paint colors. Just curious in which province you live, here in Québec (La Belle Province) we pay 15% sales tax :( and what color did you pick?

Congrats on your new purchase, excellent choice if you're O.K. with black leather as it goes with any paint color IMO but it can get hot (thank God for ventilated seats); I agree with you that the brown leather in the Signature is not ideal especially with certain paint colors. Just curious in which province you live, here in Québec (La Belle Province) we pay 15% sales tax :( and what color did you pick?
I live in B.C. My truck was fully blacked out with black leather interior as well so I know what I am getting into with it :p The 2024 Mazda I ordered is black exterior/black interior.

I picked up my CX-5 for invoice. Another dealer close to where I am is also advertising them at invoice as well....on the flip side another nearby dealer is adding adjusted market value so it pays to shop around.
I found the last White / Parchment premium - In a blistering hot desert state , and it had just rolled off the delivery truck - they knew what they had - and knew i wanted it - so i still have no regrets as it exactly what I wanted - would buy it again - same price - but to embarassing to say ;-)- lifes short WTF

We just bought a '24 GT in Soul Red with the white interior. I originally wanted a Signature but decided the turbo was just not necessary, plus I might enjoy it a little too much. Gas is expensive and so are speeding tickets! The 24 GT comes with enough features to keep us happy. We paid MSRP because there is just no negotiating these days but we got a point off the interest rate for Mazda loyalty. The only add-ons I opted for were rust protection and paint protection.

I looked at the MAXpider mats but went with Tuxmat. The Tuxmat drivers side mat has extra protection next to the accelerator pedal which I especially liked. They use a lot of road salt in our area so I wanted the best coverage I could find. They fit perfectly and are easy to install. I also like the extra clips they give you to hold the edges back against the trim panels.

So far we couldn't be much happier with our CX5. It is such a well built and refined machine. This is only our second Mazda but we are Mazda owners for life!

Spoke with the dealer this morning, and they ask MSRP+delivery/processing and handling fee+dealer's fee+Sales Tax. How did you guys manage to pay MSRP only without the dealer's fee!?

Spoke with the dealer this morning, and they ask MSRP+delivery/processing and handling fee+dealer's fee+Sales Tax. How did you guys manage to pay MSRP only without the dealer's fee!?
I would try to broaden your search and try other Mazda Dealers. I drove 40 miles to get my used Mazda, even though there were much closer Dealers.

2023 Signature 8000 miles CPD $35,000 before taxes and Doc fee, June 2023. No extras were added.

In January 2022, the Mazda dealer in Fontana, CA sold me a 2022 CX-5 for $40,520 before taxes. The MSRP was $33,535 which included factory options. The sales manager offered a $37,000 walk-out price, including all dealer add-ons. However, the finance manager deceptively tacked on another $3,520 to the final price without mentioning a word. The dishonest FM rushed through the contract signing on a tiny iPad and never sent me the sales agreement until I demanded a copy 2 weeks later. That’s when I realized the out-the-door price was not the $37,000 which the sales manager quoted. It appears other customers had also been duped in a similar way based on their complaints posted on Yelp and in the BBB website.

I don’t remember what I paid exactly for my ‘22 Signature this past spring but I felt it was a good deal. It was a CPO with less than 5k miles, MSRP of $41,XXX and I paid around $35,500 plus tax and fees.

The dishonest FM rushed through the contract signing on a tiny iPad and never sent me the sales agreement until I demanded a copy 2 weeks later.
Yeah, that's why I make them PRINT IT OUT & I will sit there and SLOWLY read it until I'm satisfied.
After the first time some "extra" dollars appeared in the paperwork before I signed it, this is what I do.

The Honda dealer tried to do that to my son on an iPad & said we'll send you a copy. We said we want a copy now or we walk. After some stammering they miraculously produced a copy.

Back