What did you pay for your CX-5?

Nice. Soul Red. I'm not bold enough to get that color but Mazdas sure look good in it.

It is gorgeous. Photos do not do it justice, you need to see it in person to appreciate how beautiful it is.

By the way, when I picked it up at the dealership it was sitting next to a 2016 CX-5 in soul red. The "new" soul red on the '17 is much richer, and has more depth (for lack of a better term). It's worth the $600 if you want a color that stands out from the crowd. People definitely notice it.

It is gorgeous. Photos do not do it justice, you need to see it in person to appreciate how beautiful it is.

By the way, when I picked it up at the dealership it was sitting next to a 2016 CX-5 in soul red. The "new" soul red on the '17 is much richer, and has more depth (for lack of a better term). It's worth the $600 if you want a color that stands out from the crowd. People definitely notice it.

I get so many looks at the car lol. Feels like I'm driving a supercar lol

Hi i'm new to the board. Have been lurking for a couple months following the release of the 2017 cx-5. Have been test driving the BMW X-1, Hyundai Tucson, Honda CRV, Toyo Rav4 and 2016.5 CX-5. I could detail what we liked and disliked about each car but won't at this time. Contemplating putting an offer on a 2017 CX-5 GT AWD, snowflack white w/ parchment leather. Pricing is MSPR of $31,890 which includes wheel locks, dest fee, admin. fee and temp tag. Dealer came down to $30,869. About a 3.3% disc off of MSRP. Any thought on this price? Thanks

Last edited:
Hi i'm new to the board. Have been lurking for a couple months following the release of the 2017 cx-5. Have been test driving the BMW X-1, Hyundai Tucson, Honda CRV, Toyo Rav4 and 2016.5 CX-5. I could detail what we liked and disliked about each car but won't at this time. Contemplating putting an offer on a 2017 CX-5 GT AWD, snowflack white w/ parchment leather. Pricing is MSPR of $31,890 which includes wheel locks, dest fee, admin. fee and temp tag. Dealer came down to $30,869. About a 3.3% disc off of MSRP. Any thought on this price? Thanks

You don't need to pay those admin fees. Those are bulls***. Just say you don't wanna pay them

The admin fee and temp tag were $194.5, not for sure how much the temp tag is but probably like $30. Thanks i will defiantly tell them that's a no go.

Still not an awful price compared to what others have said here.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just picked up another 2016.5 Touring, this time for my mom, for $20,900. Kind of bummed I didn't wait to buy mine because when I bought mine a month ago I paid $22,488 which was a good deal at the time but now I'm kicking myself. But I'm happy I was able to get her such a fantastic deal.

Now I need to figure out how to make a big red bow to put on the hood when I pick her up from the airport in her brand new car!

Just picked up another 2016.5 Touring, this time for my mom, for $20,900. Kind of bummed I didn't wait to buy mine because when I bought mine a month ago I paid $22,488 which was a good deal at the time but now I'm kicking myself. But I'm happy I was able to get her such a fantastic deal.

Now I need to figure out how to make a big red bow to put on the hood when I pick her up from the airport in her brand new car!

You're a good kid! I hope to have a M6 with a bow on it waiting for me one day. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

The admin fee and temp tag were $194.5, not for sure how much the temp tag is but probably like $30. Thanks i will defiantly tell them that's a no go.
They wouldn't deduct the admin. fee but did agree to tint the 2 front side windows.

Hi everyone. Went for a test drive today in a 2017 CX-5 with premium package. The local dealership website finally listed the exact configuration I am looking for (Eternal blue/black w/premium), so I called and set up the appointment. The car is in transit to the dealer and they will be letting me know when it will be in. Below is the initial offer, which isn't bad (I think). Let me know your thoughts. I am not trading in (giving the Fusion to my parents) and I qualify for the lowest rate financing, currently 1.9. I will also be putting down at least 10k. Thanks!
MSRP $33465.00
S-Plan discount $1465
Quoted Invoice Price $32000
Government Fee $2.50
Proc/Doc Fee $199

Hey guys I'm looking for a 2016.5 cx5 awd with bose package in ny/nj area

Many dealers not willing to play the email offer game, best offer I've got is 24,500 plus ttl and taxes (true car) ...how much more can i be expected to get, still a fair amount of stock left..

Would asking for 22000 plus tax and ttl be a stretch? (Msrp is 28)

Last edited:
Hey guys I'm looking for a 2016.5 cx5 awd with bose package in ny/nj area

Many dealers not willing to play the email offer game, best offer I've got is 24,500 plus ttl and taxes (true car) ...how much more can i be expected to get, still a fair amount of stock left..

Would asking for 22000 plus tax and ttl be a stretch? (Msrp is 28)

I think you can. I wouldn't entertain anything over $23k, that is for sure.

Oh, you have a Mazda in the family? If so, you get a $500 extra loyalty rebate. You should be able to get the price you're looking for if so...

Thanks for the reply, I do have a Mazda in the family. So around 22 would be fair for the touring, now...need to decide if the gt tech is worth it....those led headlights *drool*

Thanks for the reply, I do have a Mazda in the family. So around 22 would be fair for the touring, now...need to decide if the gt tech is worth it....those led headlights *drool*

Best I have seen on this page - infact only 1 or 2 pages ago is 20900 for a Base Touring. So 22.5 would be doable for Bose + AWD touring.
My advice to you is - Moonroof package is ok - not a lot of value. Listen and compare to base. My wife thought she could get only moon roof and not bose. Facepalm.
She wanted moonroof because we use it once every 4 months. Her point was - atleast we use it once every 4 months.

Total waste - 17 packages are much better laid out with Touring trim but you are looking at 26ish for it.

We are pretty set on an agreed upon price already, although I have not yet pulled the trigger. The dealer is asking, "What can I do so you buy the car now?"

So instead of revisiting prices again, I am thinking about just saying, "If you throw in the floor mats, cargo cover, and wheel locks, then I'd buy today."

I want those items anyways and they seem to be optional add-ons totaling $430 on the website.

What do you guys think? Am I getting value from these actual add-on items or am I just asking for things that are normally already included and built into the price?

Latest posts

Back