Water return elbow parts and installation information

BOOSTR

1 OWNR MSP
Parts:

0000-88-C54 for the silicone elbow
0000-88-C55 for the small clamp
9928-62-200P for the 2 hose clamps

For me the hardest part was getting the new one on. So maybe my tips might help whoever stumbles across this post.

I drained the coolant as it was time to replace that anyway. But you can use a pan or bucket to capture yours if you plan on reusing it.

Then I removed the turbo to intercooler pipe and disconnected the recirculating hose to my Injen. Then I removed the upper radiator hose. You should also go ahead and remove the clamp that holds the two water lines and the oil feed line. You'll need to be able to move the water lines when installing the new hose.

I used pliers and long handle curved needle nose pliers to move the spring clamps. A long screwdriver was needed to unseat and move the old hose off of the fittings.

Now comes the fun part, putting the new one one. It looks easy and maybe if you have tiny hands and are a contortionist.

The 2 new big clamps come with a lock on it, leave it on until you have the hose set in place. The little clamp does not. I put one of the hose clamps on the line underneath the exhaust manifold, then taped the other to the upper water neck. I tried to put the hose on with the clamps around it but that proved to be challenging and would not let the hose flex as needed, its tight in the working space. The little clamp goes on the water return line.

I put the bottom end of the hose on first. You'll need to slide that back as far as possible, taking care to not rip or tear the hose. Then I attached the upper end. You'll need both hands, to move the water line around and to push and bend the hose down so it goes on the neck. Don't put it on all the way. Once you get it started then bend the little feeder hose so you can put it on its water line. Now push up on the hose from the bottom to seat it. You may have to move the end underneath the exhaust manifold to the right a bit. It took me a good bit to be able to get in place and on right. It was a battle at times.

Move the two big clamps in place and with the needle nose pliers pull off the locks. Then use a pair of pliers to position the small clamp.

Put back on everything you took off and replace the coolant.

Good luck. Its not hard you just need to be patient and persistent.

Glad it might help you. I paid $66.66 for all of the parts listed above shipped, elbow is $52.51.
After what I discovered today, maybe mine wasn't leaking after all but my radiator is for sure.

Montgomery Mazda in NC.

onlinemazdaparts.com

Yep that's what I found when searching mazda on line. Just ordered my new radiator from them today.
Jason aka JMBaggie is the man for online parts. Can't beat no sales tax, free shipping on orders over $200 and $7.50 on others under that which will fit in a USPS box. The dealer closest to me wanted MSRP. F that!

I finally got around to ordering this part. How long did it take to get to you? We basically live down the road from each other (summerfield and if I remember you're in Sumter).

Last edited:
I'm in Lake Pan, so yeah we are neighbors. I think it took less than 3 days.

Wow, you waited a lot of time to fix that leak. At least it will be warm when you do it.

Alright cool, it should be in today.
I did wait a long time, it was such a slow leak at the top of the hose. Last week a needle sized hole opened up in the middle of the hose so I figured it's time.

Back