Mazdaspeed Protege Owner with questions and possible part assistance needed

jackal77va

:
2003 Mazdaspeed
Hi There,

I just got my car from the original owner, 73,400 original miles. Wanted to try and bring it back to life. It sat for 5 years, original parts are missing. Wanted to see if anyone had the original rims and possibly the SUB box. Also wanted to see if anyone had advice on what wheels would work for the car if I cant find any OEM wheels. Also Door panels are warped from sitting in the sun. If anyone has any spare, please let me know.

But really the biggest thing is what does everyone recommend that I should do to it? It needs a lot of TLC.

Thank you so much for the help!!

I infrequently visit the forums and just saw this post. Your best bet is to read up in the multiple build threads like 323's and Bonks or use the search function: MSP build thread search

I'm far and away not the subject matter expert for anything related to my MSP other than maintaining it in an OG state as possible. Hell, I'm still rocking the OG Kenwood head-unit (love-love the flip face!) and the only 'major' modifications I've done are:

- Switched to Eibach performance lowering springs.
- Installed 12mm hub centric spacers.
- Switched from OG Racing Hart to MX-5 rims.

Good luck reading up and drop-in occasionally to show your progress or rant about the lack of. Hopefully a few of the experienced MSP owners may poke their heads in and lend their wisdom.

I believe that the ES trim and some years of the P5 had the same interior panels. I'm still seeing them on pick and pull sites, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem to find. Is it mostly stock?

Latest posts

Back