Water pump?

DKaz

:
2007 Mazda 5 GT 5MT
My car's at 136,000km now and although I know I don't need to change the timing chain, it occurred to me that the water pump could be overdue. Has anyone changed these in their 5? How difficult is it to get at it?

Man, I really wouldn't go there. All of my Mazdas have had water pumps that never failed. In fact, my MX3 that's pushing 250,000 miles still hasn't had the water pump replaced. I replaced the timing belt tensioner with the OEM part ($200!!!!!! for a freakin' pin with a spring behind it), so I'm not stingy, but I didn't even consider the water pump because I'm confident that it will last until 300,000 when I change the timing belt. Hell, 136,000 km is just breaking in. :)

I agree. Since the water pump isn't driven off the timing chain (or belt), don't worry about it. My other vehicle I change it out every time (80k miles) I change the timing belt for the simple fact that it's driven off it.

Sometimes I wonder if God doesn't like me. Right after my speech on never changing the water pump, I sh*t you not, my dad calls this morning and says the water pump is leaking on my '93 MX3 that he drives.

He did say it's only $67 for an OEM replacement so I guess I would have to revise my original comment. If it's really cheap like mine, just replace it if you're already in there.

This stuff is happening a lot to me right now. I was in Florida and picked up a Conch shell the size of a basketball, the biggest anyone at the resort had ever seen, and as I picked it up out of the water a stingray stung me and cost me a $1,400 hospital visit since ObamaCare ruined my health insurance from work. I don't lie or mess with people so I can't say it's karma.

Sometimes I wonder if God doesn't like me. Right after my speech on never changing the water pump, I sh*t you not, my dad calls this morning and says the water pump is leaking on my '93 MX3 that he drives.

You get 250k miles out of your water pump, and when it leaks think that God doesn't like you? Being stung by something is apart of the beach "experience". Caught several of the boogers myself. Jellyfish are the most common around here.

God loved you enough to die for you.

You get 250k miles out of your water pump, and when it leaks think that God doesn't like you? Being stung by something is apart of the beach "experience". Caught several of the boogers myself. Jellyfish are the most common around here.

God loved you enough to die for you.

Spare me man. I am being sarcastic. I say that because it comes in waves that wipe me out financially and emotionally. I have read the entire Bible several times. Let me know if you need to know anything about it.

*Sorry, that was rude, but I don't like being lectured on spirituality, or religion in this case. Again, sorry for being snippy.

I wasn't lecturing, I was simply stating... I'd be the last one to point you in the direction of religion or spirituality, neither of them saved my sorry self, an acknowledgment of my sinfulness and need for a relationship with Christ did that.

I hope you are doing better. I sometimes wish I could even afford healthcare, but the economy has had a big impact on the architectural industry and we are typically the slowest to recover, if you believe we are in recovery?

I wasn't lecturing, I was simply stating... I'd be the last one to point you in the direction of religion or spirituality, neither of them saved my sorry self, an acknowledgment of my sinfulness and need for a relationship with Christ did that.

I hope you are doing better. I sometimes wish I could even afford healthcare, but the economy has had a big impact on the architectural industry and we are typically the slowest to recover, if you believe we are in recovery?

FL is a bad place to be doing anything with structures right now, unless you are cleaning up the crap left in them by the last tenant or owner. I'm sure that business is booming.

Not wanting to instigate an omen, but what you need is a hurricane.(evil)

Back