wanna build a computer???

can i get woot woot for the comador 64, lol. I actually have one up in my room. I used it as the brain in a robot I built. One very dumb robot

Check this bad boy out:
100_1940.sized.jpg

Dell power edge 4100, dual PII @ 200Mhz, 512mb of ram, 5 9.1gb drives. I know you guys are just drooling. ;)

MiaTurbo said:
Check this bad boy out:
100_1940.sized.jpg

Dell power edge 4100, dual PII @ 200Mhz, 512mb of ram, 5 9.1gb drives. I know you guys are just drooling. ;)

It's a cream dream

i havent really messed with my desktop since i got my laptop, but from what i last remember, it still had a pretty decent setup:
amd athlon xp 2100+
ati a-i-w 7100 (i think)
512mb pc2100 ram
2 maxtor drives, totaling 110gb
some cd-rw i dont remember too well
6 usb 2.0 ports
4 firewire ports
old school scsi pci card
scsi jaz drive
a bunch of other stuff i honestly dont remember...

im still thinking of upgrading some parts of it just to make it a bit more useful again...dvd burner perhaps...and probably put winxp back on there since it doesnt seem to like win2k adv. server too much...

cause i cant get a working key for xp and i dont want to deal with 98...

which i dont have cds for...after scavenging through all the cds around my computer, all i found was 95, 98, ME, 2000 adv. server, and xp...i just gotta find a working key for xp and then it will work fine...either that or install the beta of longhorn...

Last edited:
I think I have all of you beat with my state of the art circa 1991 setup:
sparc1.jpg
sparc2.jpg

Thats right, a SparcStation10. 4 100MHz SuperSparc processors run this bad boy. Internal 800MB drive. External 16GB drive and 1x CDROM w/ caddy. I found that printer table at Target and the SS fit perfectly.

Its my firewall, router, dhcp server, and mail proxy among other things. The only time it goes down is when I loose power.

Sparc - nice!

You should see the newer Sunboxes we have at work. Things are the size of washer/dryer units.

Yeah I've seen them. We have a E250 for our build machine and a few Sunblades but another department has some of those big ones. We've also got an ancient HP machine that looks like a dorm mini-fridge. Its only a 150MHz with 128MB Ram which makes me laugh. We use it as a 'slow' test machine. It takes forever to uncompress and untar our 50MB install package.

wow people still use scsi? i haven't heard that word in years. and that's some system hehe. i actually read through that 1. how's the system so far?

arghh...i need to fix my beast...cant figure out what the hell is wrong with it...i'm leaning towards the mobo but i'm hoping its not that.

BeNegative said:
wow people still use scsi? i haven't heard that word in years. and that's some system hehe. i actually read through that 1. how's the system so far?

what can i say?...my bro had that jaz drive in his original comp that got handed down to me...since it still works, i still use it...

oh yeah, i finally started up the computer last night...its making this really loud buzzing noise...whenever the cd drive picks up speed, the buzzing goes away...im guessing its one of my cooling fans...

Back