valve shims - where to buy

iluvmacs

:
2003 Protege ES
I need to get some valve shims that are .003" smaller than the ones that came stock on the engine. Mazda sells these for like $8.50 each, which is way too much for a disc of steel that looks like a quarter.

Does anyone know where I can get these for a better price?

I've found ones that look like donuts (for rocker arms) for muscle cars, but none that are solid.

Thanks!

I need to get some valve shims that are .003" smaller than the ones that came stock on the engine. Mazda sells these for like $8.50 each, which is way too much for a disc of steel that looks like a quarter.

I've found ones that look like donuts (for rocker arms) for muscle cars, but none that are solid.

Thanks!

Find a local shop which rebuilds cylinder heads and see if they can sell you some used ones. Most places have bins of hardware.

-Derrick

Thanks!

There is no set size. Every engine will have different sizes due to machining tolerances. That being said I haven't found another engine that has the same dimension lifter.

I'm also in need of shims, napa does not nhave them as they are backordered, I really don't want to buy them from mazda

Back