V-Led Triton V3's installed: 5k Switchbacks and Amber Rear Turn Signals.

:
CX-Triton
V-Led Triton V3's installed: 5k Switchbacks, Amber Rear Turn Signals and now Brakes

Ah yes, the highly debatable topic of V-led Triton's. With the past 20% off sale, I finally caved in after researching them for awhile now.

Yes, I know that >$100 for "LED bulbs" is extremely expensive to most. Yes, I know that there are cheaper alternatives. But from my own personal experience, I do not want to wiretap any more resistors. I've had enough bad experiences with them in the past. And I don't care how many LED's you manage to squeeze on to a tower bulb, from my research, they are not as bright as Triton's.

N2iMw49l.jpg

I only had time to install the rear turn signals today. I could only manage to get 2 screws onto the collar, opposite ends(used the smallest screws 3mm), I also used the thinnest rubber grommet, but once I twisted the bulbs in the socket they fit nice and tightly. I also installed the fuses that came with the package as well, I didn't try them without since they worked fine with them. I mounted the control boxes with double sided tape and they seem to hold up just fine. The boxes didn't not get hot or too warm to touch, even after I had the hazards on for awhile either, but who knows how/if that could change. Here's a quick comparison shot:

scI7p82l.jpg

MidkFYtl.jpg

I'm really digging the clean on/off, instead of the regular "pulse" the incandescents give. They do seem a lot brighter than stock as well.
As most reviews go, the pictures are nowhere near how different they are in person. I am planning to install the front switchbacks tomorrow, hopefully the install will go just as smoothly as this, and I will update this thread. If you want to seem them in person, you can find me in traffic on the Beltway or on I-66.

Last edited:
Well, my afternoon schedule cleared up and I just finished installed the front switchbacks. It was much easier this time around. I used the 5mm bolts along with the 1157 metal collar adapter and the thinnest rubber grommet as well.

Parking light comparison.
ShYdHxj.png

Hazards comparison.
HrnEbv4l.png

Control box mounting points.
fbEjcYql.jpg

ArFdZGhl.jpg

Completed install.
SYIv7Ubl.png

In the daylight, it seems like the 5K Triton's are a little more blueish than the stock HID's. I'll wait til it gets darker to take more pictures. Initially, I wasn't planning on dimming the lights, but they're really bright so I might have to splice into the DRL's to dim them.

Very nice. Better than any generic switchback I've seen. You get what you pay for. With that said, I make be switching my SMD LED switchbacks out for Triton V3's soon.

Loving that switchback white 5k.. sure matches the HID. Not sure how it will look on a stock halogen reflector yellowish low beam lol

During the daytime, I've been rolling around with the parking lights on and so far no problems with the Triton's. I think they give the car a much more aggressive look, they match quite well with the V-Led 5K P13W DRL's.

mW7FAFBl.jpg

Very nice. Tritons are definitely the only PnP LED bulb currently on the market that are worth anything. As far as dimming them goes, you need to tap into a headlight trigger wire to dim them at 50%. I'd recommend a trigger wire pre-ballast so it will be low voltage and not 24,000v.

EDIT: Oh and they should look just a tad whiter than the OEM xenons since they are 4300K vs. 5000K.

Hey SUDDUETH13, I tried to find the correct wires to tap from the ballast but was unable to; didn't have enough room to work with and wasn't comfortable tapping any wire I wasn't 100% positive was the right one. So I ended up tapping into the foglights, the switchbacks definitely need to be dimmed at night.

Here's a video comparison of the rear turn signals.

Last edited:
3kOE9gdl.jpg

Just installed the rear brake Triton's, this being my third set, installation was a breeze.

Used two 3mm screws on opposite ends, used the thinnest of the wider rubber collars. Also used 3M double sided tape to mount the control boxes.

piYhVbXl.jpg

Driver side mounting point:
hvTKJKKl.jpg

Passenger side mounting point:
bcvvbZGl.jpg

Stock:
AeA6seUl.jpg

sjB5c24l.jpg

Tritons:
jQhHwzhl.jpg

YJUzqmnl.jpg

Complete light swap, VLED Triton's for the turn signal and brakes, VLED's for the license plate lights and two red parking lights, JTECH for the reverse bulbs.
lOy5ZHml.jpg

I like everything you did except the license plate lights. With Soul Red and 25% tints, I don't need more attention from the cops.

How bright are those reverse lights? I'm waiting until you feel you need more and go Tritons for those too haha

How bright are those reverse lights? I'm waiting until you feel you need more and go Tritons for those too haha

Oh man, if they had a Triton fitment for the reverse bulb, I would be on that!

Reverse bulbs are brighter in appearance, but comparing them to stock VIA the back-up cam there is too much diffusion so it really only is just slightly brighter on the screen. Overall though, they are brighter and offer a cleaner white look. Here's a pic I took yesterday in the sunlight:

WQhtDdMl.jpg

I recently installed the VLED 6K 921s for my backup lights. Had them on while in the garage one afternoon. My neighbor is an auto tech, saw the backup lights and came over to ask about them. He seemed impressed.

I've yet to do turn/brake lights and probably won't until VLED has another sale.

At night, how bright do the brake lights look? In the picture it looks like, the brake lights are on.

3kOE9gdl.jpg

Just installed the rear brake Triton's, this being my third set, installation was a breeze.

Used two 3mm screws on opposite ends, used the thinnest of the wider rubber collars. Also used 3M double sided tape to mount the control boxes.

piYhVbXl.jpg

Driver side mounting point:
hvTKJKKl.jpg

Passenger side mounting point:
bcvvbZGl.jpg

Stock:
AeA6seUl.jpg

sjB5c24l.jpg

Tritons:
jQhHwzhl.jpg

YJUzqmnl.jpg

Complete light swap, VLED Triton's for the turn signal and brakes, VLED's for the license plate lights and two red parking lights, JTECH for the reverse bulbs.
lOy5ZHml.jpg

Latest posts

Back