*UPDATED* Mazda 3 flip key *WORKING*

fkmitsu said:
Wonder if this works for the MSP

Does the MSP use PATS? I found out a mazda 5 key would work because a local shop makes a bypass kit for remote starters that worked for both. But they didn't have any kind of kits for Protegs (Regular, P5, MSP). So it could work with the chipless key, however I'm not sure if the remote will work.

I'm pretty sure all variations of the Protege use a standard key with NO transponder unit. Does that mean we could get one of those keys cut and programmed to work w/ a protege and w/ the keyless entry? I'm really interested!

joepro said:
My suspicions were right: the original key DIDN'T have a transponder in it. The transponder, in the mazda 5 key, was sitting exactly where I thought it should've in the original key.

So can you b**** at this eBay guy and get some of your money back because he sent you a defective key??

goldwing2000 said:
So can you b**** at this eBay guy and get some of your money back because he sent you a defective key??

Technically speaking it wasn't defective. Mazda does make some without transponders. My guess is he just ordered the wrong key.

However, since I am planning on buying more items from him, I'm trying to secure free expedited shipping (45$ USD) on my next purchase. That should compensate for the key and I think is fair for all. We'll see what he says.

Hey guys i just thought id chime in, I just programed my flip key for my 2006 MZ3 first try no problems at all. I bought the key off ebay 30 bucks shipped, it was a mazda 6 key. Had it cut at homedepot for free and from the instructions on one of the other forums just some simple on/offs with all 3 keys (2 of which were already programed) and some unlock and locks with the remotes (2 of which were programed). Any questions or anything I can help with let me know.

can you send me a link of how you reprogrammed the key? i replaced my battery and now its not working.

mazda3 flip key

I just bought it off ebay. It was originally bought from Japan, and was confirmed to work on taiwan's mazda3.

The seller was nice enough to offer a refund if the remote couldn't be programmed, as long as I didn't have the key cut.

Thanks to wongpres for confirming that it would most probably work in our NA-spec cars.

hello good day,

can help to get one of those flip key for mazda.i have my mazda3 2.0 2005 and i would like to have a flip key for my car... can you please help me.can you email me at vinmarc77@yahoo.com many thanks

Last edited:
mazda3 2005 flip key..

I just bought it off ebay. It was originally bought from Japan, and was confirmed to work on taiwan's mazda3.

The seller was nice enough to offer a refund if the remote couldn't be programmed, as long as I didn't have the key cut.

Thanks to wongpres for confirming that it would most probably work in our NA-spec cars.[/QU

good day,can you please tell me where did you buy the flip key.coz i wanted to buy the same flip key with 2 bottons.my car is mazda3 2.0L.and can you please redirect me.just please send me a message on my email or mail hir vinmarc77@yahoo.com.please and thank you...

Back