*UPDATED* Mazda 3 flip key *WORKING*

Junior said:
saw interest and jacked-up the price ... that's azz

I don't think so. They are standard in australia on '05 SP23's and they retail for 200$ AUD (which is about 150$ USD).

Looks like that's what they're worth.

Aricjm15 said:
you guys are pissed about $140? s*** go ask your local dealer how much one is then start bitching.

How much do they go for where you work? I know every accessory I wanna buy for my 3 is about twice as much up here then it is on mazdastuff.com

Mazdastuff sells everything at the retail price mazda sets, if your dealer is charging more they are a bunch of assholes and I would not shop with them.
I dont think I can get these remotes for what this guy is selling them for, I will have to check when I go into work tomorrow

Aricjm15 said:
you guys are pissed about $140? s*** go ask your local dealer how much one is then start bitching.

He is right. My dealer wanted $500 CAD for that key when I was buying my P5. I prefer my compustar more though.

joepro said:
I just bought it off ebay. It was originally bought from Japan, and was confirmed to work on taiwan's mazda3.

The seller was nice enough to offer a refund if the remote couldn't be programmed, as long as I didn't have the key cut.

Thanks to wongpres for confirming that it would most probably work in our NA-spec cars.

The flip "switchblade" key is standard for the Mazda5, btw. It is totally cool.

cutiepie_1980 said:
But what about the chip in the key? Can this one be programmed to imitate it?
it is a chip key, the car is progamed to the key, not the key to the car if that makes any sense

super hawt... but 140$$ will just put it on the list of stuff i want but will have to wait till that rockstar thing works out....

Aricjm15 said:
it is a chip key, the car is progamed to the key, not the key to the car if that makes any sense

Yeah, that's what it is. Hopefully, the engine immobilizer (PATS) and the transponder used are the same in all mazda 3's worldwide. If that's the case, I see no reason as to why this key will not work.

The item shipment was delayed because I ordered a grille. Mazda taiwan painted it on friday. The package was supposed to be shipped on monday, but there was a major typhoon which basically shut down the entire place. I hope it will ship out tomorrow. Can't wait to try it!

Received the key yesterday. Will try to have the remote programmed later today. I really hope it works, but am starting to doubt it. Will keep you all posted.

Attachments

• DSCF0452.JPG
    DSCF0452.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 471
Well, what can i say....

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

The remote works with our cars!!!

Now I'll have to have the key cut. Hopefully that works too, because I can't get a refund once the key is cut.

SNike05 said:
He is right. My dealer wanted $500 CAD for that key when I was buying my P5. I prefer my compustar more though.

500$?!?!?!?!(deadhorse. Just for a freakin key. How do they expect to sell a single one at that price.

they dont care...they're not there to sell parts....

Mikey444 said:
500$?!?!?!?!(deadhorse. Just for a freakin key. How do they expect to sell a single one at that price.

So I've had the key cut at my stealership. For free. They then said it needed to be programmed and that would take just about an hour (80$/hr). I told them I'd do it myself in less than 5 minutes.

But guess what? I wasn't able to :(

I read the instructions carefully, tried about 12 times and can't get it work.
Do you think the dealer can actually manage to get the ECU to recognize it?

if not you dont pay them....depends on how much its worth to you...

joepro said:
So I've had the key cut at my stealership. For free. They then said it needed to be programmed and that would take just about an hour (80$/hr). I told them I'd do it myself in less than 5 minutes.

But guess what? I wasn't able to :(

I read the instructions carefully, tried about 12 times and can't get it work.
Do you think the dealer can actually manage to get the ECU to recognize it?

goldwing2000 said:
Which instructions did you use?

Instructions

Just came back from the stealership. Using my 2 original keys, they weren't able to get the key to work.

So, I'm thinking either there is no chip in this key, the key is busted or they use a different immobilizer (PATS) system?

Oh well, I've got a very expensive keychain for now.

Back