Turbo wont spool???

so i finally had time to work on the car and came up with a couple of things..

first i couldnt blow through the vac line leading to the wga. second where that vac line hooks up to the stepper motor for my boost controller there is no pressure coming out, no vaccuum or boost. i checked the vac line leading from my IM and there was pressure leading to the boost solenoid. could there be something stuck in my lines that would cause no pressure to get through or have a bad stepper motor? i have a HKS EVC by the way... any ideas?

any ideas??...i tried today to bypass the EBC by running a dedicated line from my IM to my WGA but it still didnt seem to work

wastegate might have taken a s***.

did you check for shaft play or cracked/broken/ unhooked intercooler pipes??

You can get a pressure/vaccum hand tester at most autoparts places... I bought one for 40 canadian so maybe for 25 USD. You could test the W/G that way... Better to take it off first, and don't lose the little clip! I think stock the actuator is set for 6-7 lbs, am I right?

Just take the vac line off the WGA and blow into it! If you can blow air through it... its bad. Its as simple as that. It should be like trying to blow through a straw with your finger capped over the other end... Its not going to happen.

yea i pulled off the vac line to the wga and i couldnt blow through it so i figured my wg was still good... i know i definately have a vac leak near my throttle body somewhere but i doubt that would kill out the entire turbo...since the motors been running it has boosted twice, once to 1.1 psi and the other to 3.2 psi. it usually idles at 19.8 inHg.

yea i pulled off the vac line to the wga and i couldnt blow through it so i figured my wg was still good... i know i definately have a vac leak near my throttle body somewhere but i doubt that would kill out the entire turbo...since the motors been running it has boosted twice, once to 1.1 psi and the other to 3.2 psi. it usually idles at 19.8 inHg.

You got a better painted pic of your hood? Got the same hood was fine for 6 years then the sun got to it, So was thinking of having it painted black or the matching titanium.

problem fixed... there was something stuck in my compressor wheel in my turbo causing it not to spin wiggled it out now it boosts. however now when my bov goes off some oil shoots out. any ideas on the next problem?

i think it was a piece of my old o2 sensor. when i blew the motor like a 1/4 in of the o2 sensor on the EM burned off because of the gas temps. could it be possible that this oil could have just been built up in the cold pipe ( where my bov is located) because the turbo wasnt spooling? i put 400 miles on the new motor before just now getting the turbo to spool and still have a ways before its completely broken in. another thing is that its not dumping out a lot of oil just little spits when it blows off

you've probably got a lot of oil coming out the seal. Check your intake and see if it has restrictions including the air filter. if you have a restriction on the inlet of the compressor it will draw oil out of the center housing through the seal.

If your air filter is too small and won't allow sufficient flow to the turbo, if you have something plugging the piping. Your air filter being plugged can even do it.

you've probably got a lot of oil coming out the seal. Check your intake and see if it has restrictions including the air filter. if you have a restriction on the inlet of the compressor it will draw oil out of the center housing through the seal.

really... thats news to me! Learn something new everyday on here.(first)

Back