Turbo wont spool???

schumann1913

:
Titanium 3.5 MSP, silver 03.5 mazdaspeed(Old)
I blew my motor in February and finally got it put back in. I added wiseco pistons .002" overbore, k1 rods, a 626 im, and a three angle valve job on the head. When i turned on the motor it turned on but after driving i noticed my car would never get into boost ( not that Im trying because the motor isnt broken in yet) but i have no idea what it could be. I checked the vac lines, and theres no idle issues... Also when i turn my car first on before its warmed up, either my water pump belt or my ac belt is squeeling, however when it warms up it stops squeeling. Any ideas?

actually i'm dumb. it will spool w/out a pipe connected.. just won't boost..

if it's not spooling, it's likely blown.

No you're on the right track. He said it wouldn't go into boost.. which could be due to a disconnected IC pipe.

i know when my brothers turbo went out on his 1jz sc300 he had a huge cloud of white smoke behind his car!

First I'd unhook my CAI tube and see if the turbo spins by hand... with the engine off! Don't need to lose a finger now.

Then check the IC piping.... then the WGA and flapper arm.....

other than that the turbo should spool no matter what as long as the car runs.... if it won't build boost you may have a problem with the rotating assembly. your impeller wheels may have touched the housing contours when your motor blew.... when you check to see if it spins.... listen for a scraping noise of the impeller against the housing. If you hear noise your turbo is pretty much pooched and needs an entire rebuild with some or all new rotating parts.

mine quit spooling one day...pulled the hot pipe off the turbo and saw oil...yay! i sold it and bought a MPNick turbo. they still rebuild them, they're just a PITA to get in touch with. you can click the 'email member' link from his profile...he'll get back with you in a day or two...it's a hell of a lot cheaper than replacing it...and he can upgrade them as well...just search around for it on here.

They don't rebuild the stock T25 but they do sell center rotating assembly's, or something. I'm no expert but it is the fins and all the bearings in one. I really don't even know where to buy them at.

That's interesting... I thought if you needed a rebuild that you had to buy a cartridge. I was under the impression that Garrett would only replace the ballbearing center section, and that it wasn't rebuildable.

i know they sell them.. and i realize that but garret told me it was un rebuildable... or i personally wouldnt have gone WAY outta my wants to get a t3/t4 setup..

Latest posts

Back