Turbo upgrade

Johnoolo

:
2003.5 mazda speed protg
I've got a chance to buy a garret t28 the stock turbo for a talon or eclipse does anyone know if that will bolt up to our Stock intake manifold and will our down pipes work for it. I have reason to believe my turbo seals are leaking pretty autrosiosly

I don't know if it has a 5 bolt flange for the downpipe, but it will bolt up to the turbo manifold. You will probably need to clock it to run the same hot pipe setup, depending on how the housing is installed.

I don't know if it has a 5 bolt flange for the downpipe, but it will bolt up to the turbo manifold. You will probably need to clock it to run the same hot pipe setup, depending on how the housing is installed.

Well i woukd hate for it to not work with the Pope downpipe and clock it I haven't herd of that term before. On a side note I'm so glad that I put my protege back together I'm seriously enjoying driving it again

A lot of people have T28s but the housing is different on specific application turbos. Clocking it means removing the snap ring and turning the compressor housing or the turbine housing to the correct position to fit in the car.

Back