Turbo Options

crazy caker: how well is the turbonetics holding up? ceramic BB must have run you what, a cool g?

and aram the OBX EM (if i recall) is flanged for t3 and is substantially cheaper than the steedspeed... and is still in production. one also popped up in the FS a little ago and theyre like 180 on ebay. not the hiboost but i know how much you want to spend on the EM

crazy caker: how well is the turbonetics holding up? ceramic BB must have run you what, a cool g?

Still like new after a few yrs of abuse at 14 psi. Pretty sure it's more then a cool g, but I'm not sure the exact cost as I was sponsored by MAM back in the day.

and aram the OBX EM (if i recall) is flanged for t3 and is substantially cheaper than the steedspeed... and is still in production. one also popped up in the FS a little ago and theyre like 180 on ebay. not the hiboost but i know how much you want to spend on the EM

Bryan, the OBX seems troublesome after reviewing others trial and tribulations, though some have been fine. I've consider it though. My view is this: Sometimes you actually pay for quality, sometimes you just pay for hype and a Name, that's why i'm so cheap, because I know what these things can cost, but hey, Business is Business, and business = Making $$.

i hear you... the obx is not the best piece out there, but it is available and it is cheap. what's the normal failure for those? cracking in the welds? you can always get that fixed or reinforced. i think the one in the fs already has some of that done. pm coming by the way.

obx cracks in weld places, but its mainly caused by the main flange that bolts on the head. I did a stress cut on my obx mani, cut themain flange between the runners, it relieves the metal expension stress. After that my mani still hold strong, 3 years and counting.

if you need EWG , i have an extra TiAL F38 BLACK TOP brand new with 7.25psi spring and the matching dump pipe flange for it.

Back