Triax Euro LV 0W-20 oil

During my search for various ULV transmission fluids I discovered the Triax Lubricant wesite. Besides trans fluid, they also make a wide range of engine oils, some specifically to meet certain car manufacturers specs.

They make a Euro LV 0w-20 oil that is claimed to have exceptional performance lubricating and protecting turbo bearings and also claim a lower deposit build-up on valve stems. It meets DEXOS-1 specs, also.

I have been using the cheapest big box store brand full synthetic DEXOS 1 or 2 , 0W-20 oil I can find on sale and change it every 6K miles.

Since I'm planning on keeping my CX-90 for perhaps 10 years ( might be the last car I ever buy ;) ) it would be nice to take care of the turbo bearings and reduce the build-up on the intake valves as much s possible. Many DI engines without an extra fuel injector mounted in the intake port are prone to build-up on the intake valve stems, BTW.

The Triax oil is a bit more expensive but after I start using it I will change the oil a little less frequently, say every 8K miles. So that would help offset te cost to only about $12 more over 6K miles compared to using the big box oil. Triax claims the oil has a 20K mile life. For purchases over $50 Triax has free shipping. I have 12 quarts on the way as a Christmas gift to my CX-90.

Last edited:
As long as it meets all the required certifications, should be fine to run it in the CX-90. I do wonder how much of a MPG difference there is between 0W-20 (US and Canada) and 5W-30 (everywhere except US and Canada).

The normal OCI on the CX-90 engines is 1 year/10k mi. So, to maintain your powertrain warranty, you could run it right to 10k with no issues.

UPDATE :

After doing a little more digging, it looks like the big box "standard" DEXOS 1 full synthetic 0w-20 I have been using may not be exactly good enough for the CX-90 since on the Mazda 0W-20 oil conatiner it also says "with moly". And Mazda does also have a 0W-20 synthetic oil with a different PN without "moly" mentioned on the container, BTW.

Been looking at othet possibilities : Castrol Edge Euro & Mobil 1 ESP ( designed for European gas & deisel engines ) but I keep coming back to the Triax Euro. It has the lowest cost and shipping is free from Triax if the total purchase amount is over $50.

And more to the point, if you go to the Triax link in my first post, Triax says their Euro LV 0W-20 is a replacement for the Mazda 0000-G5-0W20-MQ and that's the PN on the Mazda 0W-20 with moly container. So it looks like I will be a loyal Triax customer in the future.

Back