transmission, drivetrain HELP?????????

JAXGUY32

Ok guys I have a big problum. I was speeding up to get on to the highway doing about 55mph @3000rpm's and when i went to shift in 5th i heard a lould pop. When i let off of the clutch and all i could hear was a clatering noise so i kept my foot on the clutch till the car came to a stop. At some point my motor shut off and i dont know if it was right when the pop noise happend or as i was coasting. When the car came to a stop i tried to start it again but it wouldnt and sounded like it wasnt getting spark. I looked under the car and it was dripping oil but not alot. When i was tring to start it i couldnt hear any broken rods or anything.

Could be dozens of different things. You need to take it to a mechanic and have it dissected.

Unfortunately you have just experienced a Zoom, Zoom, Boom! event... You most likely have a hole through the block around the #2/#3 connecting rod. May the Mazda warranty be with you!

well....when you hear a loud POP, the engine shuts off and you see oil dripping...i'm gona have to go with what Forzda said.

hopefully Mazda will be nice and not make you wait long for nothing

Well when i was tring to start it again the motor sounded fine. I didnt hear no broke rods flapping around. Just sounded like it was out of gas or something. Just kept turning and turning. There was no smoke or anything coming from the engine bay and i checked my oil and it was full. We will see ... On my way to the dealer now. Wish me luck. (sad2)

well when i was tring to start it again the motor sounded fine. I didnt hear no broke rods flapping around. Just sounded like it was out of gas or something. Just kept turning and turning. There was no smoke or anything coming from the engine bay and i checked my oil and it was full. We will see ... On my way to the dealer now. Wish me luck. (sad2)

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that sounds weird. i mean oil dripping after a loud POP is usually not good. Hopefully it's something minor and not a blown engine. You probably won't read this until you come back but i was wondering how much oil did it actually drop on the ground after the pop?

good luck man!

Is there any weird vibration on your clutch pedal? May not have actually broken a rod but could have done some damage that could lead to one. This happened to me so I knew it all too well, downshifted from 3rd to 2nd, not too aggressively mind you, and heard a pop. Everything was fine, but the clutch pedal was vibrating a lot when I would shift. Eventually led to throwing a rod at about 2.5k rpms in 2nd.

Back