To WeatherTech or Not To WeatherTech?

Yes, the all weather mats are completely different from floor liners. The floor liners work great here in Minnesota. Mats, not so much.

Mazda has a OEM floor liner you can buy also. They have a rack and sign for them at my local dealership. I have a set of WT's in my CX9, and the Mazda ones hanging up look pretty much identical. Even the "Mazda" badge was in the exact same place as the WT and the same size. As soon as i saw them, i assumed they were just rebadged WT's.

And like everyone said, the floor liner's should do awesome in the snow. The rubber mat's, not so much. They just arent designed to retain as much water when needed.

Oranges & Apples

I agree the floor liners from WT are way better than the WT all weather floor mats.
However, the Mazda OEM floor mats are practically identical to the WT floor liners with the exception of the one piece rear mat and a slightly higher lip on the sides.
But's that not worth an extra $100 to me.

honestly, my weathertech mats have been the best investment Ive made in any car Ive had outside of stereo related upgrades.

I have had my weathertech floor liners for over two and a half years now and they have served their purpose as expected.

I'm a big fan of weathertech.

Got my new ones delivered this evening, and I fitted them in our new car which has 170 miles on it...

i-pGCSgN5-L.jpg

i-jWZrm97-L.jpg

i-2VFbzgH-L.jpg

i-fgWnX9m-L.jpg

Earlier I posted I went with the Maxpider mats in my 2015 CX-5. They are getting a great test here in CT. So far they are fine except for one thing. The melted water collects in the lower left corner of the mat. My driveway is an incline which makes the puddle in the corner higher. I can see it going over the snap hole and leaking onto the floor carpet. For now I soak up the excess water. It seems to me that some form of higher ridge should be molded around the snap holes. Looking at pictures I think this problem could occur in the Weathertechs as well. Anyone else see this ?

My Maxpiders are getting a good dose of yuck this winter too. The test will be to see how easily they clean up, come the first nice weekend of Spring! :)

Back