How close is the Weathertech Tan mat to the Sand leather colour?

ogcsmith

So I'm looking at getting some Weathertech floor mats and I have a Sand leather interior on our 2013 GT.

I have read that the CX-9 Sand interior is not a good match and folk have recommended going black instead.

Anyone know if this is the case the on the 5?

On the side, I heard that the 2012 -13 OEM all-weather mats are made my weathertech. Is that the case? Same design? They seem much cheaper!!

I have stock Mazda black. I don't know who makes them but the design in not the same as Weathertech.

Sorry to bring an old thread back to the top, but I ordered the Weathertech floor mats in tan, and I have the Sand leather interior.

So I will be happy to answer this question. As soon as the mats get here (approx. 2 more weeks) I will post photos. However, it looks like my leather seats are darker than the cars in the USA (Kobe leather package).

Just for your reference, here are some photos re: my post above.

I know it is a personal preference, but I do not like so much black in the interior of the 5. I am pretty happy, the interior looks so much lighter now.

The 3 boxes when they arrived, a massive waste of cardboard if you ask me, I didn't like that.

IMG_2124.jpg

The color comparison: mats are a lot darker than the leather FYI.
IMG_2132.jpg

Back