Tires tires tires!

hows the rear torsion bar from corks seems small compared to the racing beat swaybar..whats your opinion did it improve handleing as advertised.im assuming you have stock front swaybar still?

The torsion bar is great. It seemed to have stiffen up things a bit and lost some body roll which is one big thing the 2 has. I plan on buying the front sway as well to help the roll even more.

The S-Drives have a very soft sidewall and they aren't a great tire overall (see: Dunlop Star Specs, Hankook R-S3s)

I guess it depends if youre even planning on racing it..if so the r1r is the shiz for lightweight cars but if youre not racing, its whatever you want.

<3 my R1Rs... all of the sets I've had lol :)

And the CS rear torsion bar was, IMO, the best upgrade to my car. It took it from understeer-happy to pretty much neutral unless you ask it to do something too fast, then the rear will kick out but it's easy to catch.

The S Drives are rated #8 out of 30 on tire rack, with the best ratings for it under dry traction and stability. I know its probably not scientific but that is based on 627 reviews. Plus for less than $400 for a set of 4 they seem like a pretty good deal. This coming from a die hard fan of Dunlops btw.

Well I am racing it. And they are going to be on all the time as well.. I guess I will find out once I take it to the track next month :X Oh well. For the money, they seemed pretty decent haha

I like the S Drives on my Miata but they wouldn't even cross my mind for the M2. What big hill with a curve at the bottom is around to get my M2 up to useful speeds?

Phone your an idiot....

R1Rs are amazing, I have them on my RX8. they are a bit soft also and get a little edgy in hot weather, yes star specs are friggin amazing and probably the best street tire ive ever been on..

but to compare the S. Drives to either of those tires is stupid. S Drives are a summer performance tire with a nice treadwear rating, and good ratings in all types of weather, while the others are an extreme performance tire. If she daily drives her 2, and only does the occasional racing there is no problem with the S.Drives whatsoever.

R1Rs and StarSpecs are no doubt amazing, but are overkill for a Mazda2 that is mostly daily driven like hers.

I've driven a lot of tires during autocrosses, and the S.drives were one of the worse tires I've driven.

I apologise for empirical and anecdotal data doesn't live up to the scrutiny of JJC3925 of Tewksbury, MA.

S.drives = great daily tire and that's all it's good for IMO

Star specs = great autox tire especially if you see wet conditions often.

R1Rs = great tire as well. I've never ran them myself but I know people who swear by them

Again phone, your a autocrosser, she does occasional autocrossing with alot of just daily driving. Therefore the S.Drives are the better choice. I agree the R1Rs and StarSpecs are better performing tires for autocross, ive tried all of these tires, but i sure dont think they are great for daily driving.

Again buying more expensive tires that wear fast for just a Mazda2 daily driver is a bit overkill.

Look at your comment, "ive driven alot of tires during autocross"

in a sense of AUTOCROSS, yes your right the S.Drives will be dominated by the other two.

These are forums dont jump to opinions when they may not fit the persons needs.

Back