Tips on installing 626 intake manifold

did you reuse the stock mounting bracket? remove it and retighten the manifold if so.

did you reuse the stock mounting bracket? remove it and retighten the manifold if so.

thanks!
This helped now I have other issues :( I am not having very good luck with this install lol. I have a coolant leak thats dripping on the cat. and my vac is reading 9-10 when it should be at 16-18 for colorado anyway. also the car is not boosting or feel like its boosting but reading it on my gauge so its close just have to figure this out. so any more suggestions on what could be going on with my mspos would be greatly appreciated. also sorry for cluttering this page but I figured if anyone else had these problems they could come here. Oh and as far as the coolant leak I replaced the lines that go to the throttle and bought new clamps so I know its not leaking from there. Could it be from the throttle body itself? also bov is not going off?

check the gasket material on the throttle body. if this was not THOROUGHLY cleaned there are going to be issues there.

check the gasket material on the throttle body. if this was not THOROUGHLY cleaned there are going to be issues there.

Checked it and bingo. Guess I didn't clean it good enough. I still am readling lower vac than before but it pulls pretty good. thanks for all the help everyone.

I'm reading around 15 vacuum but it used to read around 16-18. if I am cruising in gear its around 15 if its in neutral around 12. but it doesn't go down to 20 like it used to when I shift. When I first start the car its at 10.

I'm reading around 15 vacuum but it used to read around 16-18. if I am cruising in gear its around 15 if its in neutral around 12. but it doesn't go down to 20 like it used to when I shift. When I first start the car its at 10.

there is a small vacuum leak or the throttle cable needs adjustment

Thanks guys for all the help really appreciate it. Everything seems to be running normally, aside from the engine vibration from the new motor mounts lol. I love the feeling after around 3500 rpm feels like a different car. can't wait to get my turbo back (whenever that is).

msp2709... I would just do it yourself, Ken said 4 hours of work they charge.. normally, at least in ct it is between 80-100 an hour... so that's a lot of money.. I haven't put this in yet, but I took my other Intake mani out when stripping my car.. just remember where things go (I take pics with a digital camera encase I forget) and just take your time.. shouldn't be too bad, and you feel much more accomplished about the results

i wsnted to know just in worst case but im gonna try to do it sunday i finally get the MSP back got hit dec.07th and im suppost to get it back tomarow way to long

hey guys, I was just curious about a few things that probably are just common sense things, but anyways, for the install of this, and after I take everything off, I clean everything off really well.. do I need to put any gasket sealer stuff onto it after +the actual gaskets?.. also, is there any sensor for the butterflies that I don't need to plug back in after?.. I think that is it, the EGR pipe should fit right up too?..
-just wanted to make things clear before I end up trying to figure it out myself, saves a lot of time to know the first time. thanks

1. Just the gasket, no sealer.. but make sure that the old gasket crap is all off.

2. Plug everything in, and cap off the VTCS and VICS sensors. I routed them to each other, no CEL.

3. The EGR will fit as long as you have a pipe from a 01-02 626. If not, there are other options available.

And another note, you'll need to reroute most of the vacuum lines. The 626 manifold has one less nipple on it, and the brake booster nipple is in a different location as well. Not a big deal, but be ready to go to your local auto parts store and pickup some vacuum lines and tees.

Back