The very first 400bhp SPEED3!!!

Cash dont you remeber you and me had abit of an argument as to how effective meth would be over nos......I think my point is starting to be proven...:cool:

ofcourse i remember. (bowdown) ...lol

however, meth can only go so far! nitrous the rest of the way. nice to see good results on an MS3 ...

Sorry just trying to help....All i know is alky is teh shiznuts....My boy did the aquamist system on his evo and was able to up the boost by 5psi safely, able to play with timming more, and able to play with fuel better too...I think he gained about another 10-15hp due to all of that if i remeber corectly....

yea i know it was jsut funny seeing so much s*** on the post...i read the beginings of each paragraph cuz then it starts getting way to in depth for s*** i already know

Yea i'm in talks with SMC for a meth kit on the SVO.
I'm hoping that i will be able to run this to alliviate my need for 2 qts for torco per tank (little pricey.)
i don;t think i'll gain much in the way of hp , because i'm already using a method that raises octane, but it should cost me a lot less to maintain and run after the initial investment.

Gains are very dependant on a number of factors. Some cars gain as much as 70whp other 15whp, just depends.

I'm hoping for my setup and with the addition of a cam i can break 400whp on my 2.3.

Great posting. More info like that needs to be posted to inform the newbs.....:D

Jordan, when i call to get my Standback, i hope you have a Meth Unit in beta i can try... (hump)

got me excited.

i just am scared to run standback with no plug in play. is it wire taps or splicing?

If I remember correctly, you'll need to splice into 5 wires, and cut and solder 6 of them (actually 3, but you solder each side). The installation really isn't too bad, especially since the ECU is in the engine bay as opposed to being underneath the dashboard like it is on the SPEED6 (what a pain!). If you can solder, then you can install a Standback on a SPEED3. The only downside of the wire-in unit are the potential warranty complications, but even then the unit comes with a bypass plug so that you can totally remove the unit from the system.

Jordan, when i call to get my Standback, i hope you have a Meth Unit in beta i can try... (hump)

Actually, I think we might!

I think Josh mentioned to you that we have already have a controller completed, but we still need to source the rest of the kit (pump, lines, nozzle, etc.). When you call, please voice your intentions to someone (either myself or Josh) and we'll see if we can sneak one out for you to use.

You may want to check the links copied/pasted in post #15. The long links that got truncated down didn't copy well.

Good job though.

Very cool. Gotta love water:meth.

People seem reluctant to get into it for some reason, not sure why. I've been sitting on some kits for a few months now.

People seem reluctant to get into it for some reason, not sure why. I've been sitting on some kits for a few months now.

Until you can tune to take advantage of it, doesnt work all that well on the sick, pigrich MS3.. I swear by it on the Lightning and it shaved off a 5/10th in the quarter.. 2 additional seconds with nitrous. If i could only get better traction, lol.

Jordan, ill mention it when i call bro, thanks.

do we have any pics of the install. i was relly curious where you mounted the tank, the pump, the injector.

Ive been researching this for quite some time. You could get away with a custom res in the front lower bumper area, or the most sensible place, is the rear trunk, where i plan to mount mine. I would like to have at least a 1 gallon tank.

If i can find a decent location for the pump, than its going into the engine bay. Im not too jazzed about running a large power cable to the rear of the car if i dont have to. Wouldnt be a big deal if i had amps back there, but i dont.Not much room in the engine bay, so its going to take a little bit of work to plum it in.

Others have used the windshield washer tank for their installs too.

thanks for posting the graph Jordan. Sorry about the quality guys.
This car is quite a beast, let me tell you. The only issue that I'm having with all that I have done to it is the turbo seal issue that many are having with upgraded exhausts. There is a big track day coming up on the weekend, so I'll have some track times to go along with the dyno numbers!

Oh yes....Ontario FTW! Gotta love those numbers brother. Damn, and we don't even have any Evos to terrorize here in Canada, although in Windsor you must see some from Detroit.

R

i would like some info on the install of the meth on this car. pics would be nice. i kinda want to see how the resivior is mounted. i also wanted to know, does this kit reference boost or maf readings to adjust its addition ?? i know there are kits to do it either way.

trspeed............waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much information

Information is good. Helps people who haven't yet heard about it find out what they need to know in a single place.

R

Does the water/meth sprays all the time ? or only while in boost? also how long would a 7 quart reservoir of lets say of the Snow Performance Water/Methanol Injection Kit last? And one last thing, once the kit is installed can it be removed ?

Great numbers!!!

The latest issue (Sept) od Dsport Magazine has a BIG Water/Meth Injection review.

GOT METH???

Latest posts

Back