The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Doesn't 3M make some sort of easy release 2 side tape? Like for on walls or something like that.

Phen needs a tug.. I mean a hug.. :D
My next car will be neither one in question so I'll be making my own kind of rice. ha!

Pablo, 8.1 takes under 15 seconds to boot. About 7 to login screen and about the same after the pw.
While 15 vs 30 seconds doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, once you go full ssd, it's impossible to go back. Every time I spin up my win7 pc, I get frustrated, pull the plug, and walk away. Too...friggin....slow.

Time to get my beefcake on!!! BEEFCAKE!!

I had that SSD on the laptop I got from Evan, it was quick but nothing like this. My work laptop kills me, bitlocker is a b****... still waiting for a new one since this one is 4 years old (new one should have an SSD)

Yep, I finally got a 500G ssd into the work laptop, but we have full drive encryption too, which makes it feel like a regular hdd. What a pain.
One thing I learned is to barely ever shut it down. I always sleep the laptop and it takes less than 5 seconds to get it running.
Every time I restart it, the whole procedure takes at least 20 minutes. ~160 processes on average, 3 browsers, couple of vpn clients, office, cygwin, etc. Startup makes it sync with AD too so policy update, software check, etc. EF THAT. Once a month restart is sufficient. :)
Home pc boot is so quick because it only starts the basics - steam, spotify, video drivers / software, and hardware monitor. No bloatware / extras.

I only reboot when it crashes or when I install Windows updates. But I do the same, hibernate every day. I have 3 browsers with multiple tabs, IM, Slack, One Note, Word, Excel, Fiddler, VM and\or RDP connection and sometimes Visual Studio. Its a pain to get all that s*** running. It takes forever to process the video from the GoPro, we'll see how the new one does.

I need to sign up for Steam, planning to back a Kickstarter for a game and the pledge makes me an Alpha Tester.

Doesn't 3M make some sort of easy release 2 side tape? Like for on walls or something like that.
Probably. I'm actually more concerned it won't hold because it's right next to the rear exhaust loop, lol. I can get adhesive off with goo-gone/WD-40, but unsure if paint thinner or stripper would mess up the gold anodizing on the reservoir.

worked a s*** load friday, DSM shootout saturday, Jennifer came home from vacation on sunday so I spent that with her till she left for school today. Going to finish the neon today sell it then go get the new 3 for dd use. Need to get the miata running so the ms3 can go down for a few parts to get refreshed.

I find that if Jennifer isn't around I just work more and go to less stuff haha. Unless people come over to hang out, which anyone is always welcome. I always have something to tinker with or am willing to work on other's cars

Back