The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

OK, so update on the tire shop rant the other day. I called corporate like Marlon said to and then about 20 minutes later I got a call from the manager at the store I had a problem with asking me to bring it down so they could "inspect the wheels in question" Same person that told me they could do nothing for me before. I get down there and they reimburse me for the new lug nuts and offer to pay for me to get them powder coated. So the wheels will be powder coated and remounted for free :). I just have to get the wheels sand blasted then they will handle everything else. Does anyone have a set of wheels and tires they would be willing to let me borrow for like a week while they get done so I don't have to use my snow tires in 80 degree weather?

I've always hated mowing and maintaining the lawn, however, I won't get to mow it this weekend, and that bothers me. Next thing you know I'm going to be yelling "damn kids, get off my lawn! Stop loitering!"

Patrick was referring to the bidding war we had for the SURE gift cards. lulz. One of which I sold to Jake for a HUGE profit (just kidding, Pringles) so he could buy an injector seal tool. I played it safe and bought a SURE shift knob. Ivan was right about his same knob, it's pretty awesome.

Patrick was referring to the bidding war we had for the SURE gift cards. lulz. One of which I sold to Jake for a HUGE profit (just kidding, Pringles) so he could buy an injector seal tool. I played it safe and bought a SURE shift knob. Ivan was right about his same knob, it's pretty awesome.

Lol Sure shift knob, the only thing they actually got right (unless its that weird buttplug one). Thought about picking up the AGS and scraping the SURE logo off of it.

Do you really want an RX-8? Aside from a good chassis there really isn't much there. No power to be made without going forced induction, which is risky, or doing an engine swap and they're heavy.

Lol Sure shift knob, the only thing they actually got right (unless its that weird buttplug one). Thought about picking up the AGS and scraping the SURE logo off of it.

Nah, it's the standard style fatty weight and it feels pretty good. I have little paws and really like my TWM Type-R knob but I don't know how I justified paying $140 for a silly shift knob. So that will go back onto Shae's P5 and the SURE knob cost be $61 shipped since I used the cards I bought at half price.

Do you really want an RX-8? Aside from a good chassis there really isn't much there. No power to be made without going forced induction, which is risky, or doing an engine swap and they're heavy.

Im pretty sure i do, great handling platform, decent power, rwd, and rotary. whats not to love?

Im pretty sure i do, great handling platform, decent power, rwd, and rotary. whats not to love?

It's expensive to maintain. Gas and maintenance: oil, plugs, coil packs, etc. This is the biggest reason why I didn't buy Ted's RX-8 (fully bolted power wise and suspension) and ended up with the MSM.

Lauri... you know I hate crusing at 80 mph with all of you guys. I wasn't refering to myself. Hell, I'm the person who puts 20k miles on a set of tires that should only last me 8k.

I wasn't necessarily picking on you (or Jess) ... just feeling bad for the 2 people that lost their lives due to that 23 yr old idiot. : / You know I've done some dumb s*** on the road in my day : D although now Marlon says I drive like an old lady. I guess I'm in good company though, thanks to all your comments!

Thanks Lauri for the $5.99 tip. Using online check-in, i avoid the lines & there's a steady stream of people coming in.

all day long, I was racking my brain wondering WHAT $5.99 tip you were talking about. finally just before bed, it hit me! duh!!!

I do kinda have to laugh at some of the comments about other cars on the road only because of where I'm currently sitting, and what I'm seeing. None of us would survive Beijing driving. It's nothing for someone to come to a complete stop on the highway to cross over 3 lanes to get to an exit that they knew for 2km was coming up on the right. 3 lane highway? Nope... lines means that's where the center of your car can be and not hit the cars in the actual lanes (in their minds). Last Monday on the way to golf, I counted 7 rows of cars on a 3 lane highway (as we were dead stopped due to accident involving a box truck, scooter, van, and a passenger car).

we need pics of that! 7 rows in 3 lanes ... eeks!

Doesn't sound good for scooter guy.

I was thinking the same thing!

Take that, add a s*** ton of pot holes, s*** ton of motorcycles who have between 2 and 6 people on them, bicycles, more buses (big and small), carretillas (improvised wheel carts pulled by horses), people, remove two or three lanes and you've got Colombian traffic.

Manhattan is a walk in the park.

you made me LOL

single about to a homeowner this month, i am quickly understanding that feeling as well hahaha

YAY!! keep us posted!!

They're heavy, have useless rear seats and they make less than 190 whp stock and there's really not much to added with modifications. Aside from the rotary a NA or NB Miata will yield the same results and be much more mod happy.

Back