The Ohio Auto-X and Track Event chat thread

Nice choice Nate. I thought I was the only one that prefers an open face helmet.
Thanks Marc and Marlon for your replies. I didn't want to go to an event and not know anyone there.

I like the color, Nate, but I prefer closed Helmets. That's actually pretty close to the color I want(ed) to paint the RX7. With the way things are currently going hopefully I'll be able to make one of the later events this year.
I want something other than white or black so orange is perfect.

With a closed helmet I feel like I would get too hot and be uncomfortable. And after looking at cost and other things, I'm going to stick with auto-x events for now. Read a lot of reveiws and what some locals had to say about open vs. closed and most prefered the open for auto-x because they felt like they could see more and didn't feel clostrphobic.

I bought a Shoei RF-1200 for the bike which can be used for auto-x/track days. It was kinda expensive ($480) but fits my glasses perfectly, fits my head much better than my GForce helmet and has vents for cooling.

If you just plan on doing an auto-x it's not bad having an inexpensive helmet for the 1 minute run. But for a 20 min track session I'm looking forward to having the new helmet for sure.

And with that orange color we can all spot you easily, Nate. ;)

I bought a Shoei RF-1200 for the bike which can be used for auto-x/track days. It was kinda expensive ($480) but fits my glasses perfectly, fits my head much better than my GForce helmet and has vents for cooling.

If you just plan on doing an auto-x it's not bad having an inexpensive helmet for the 1 minute run. But for a 20 min track session I'm looking forward to having the new helmet for sure.

And with that orange color we can all spot you easily, Nate. ;)

Because it's hard to spot the only wagon out there?

Not to intrude here but has the 4th annual Corey invitational been thought about yet? I know it's early still though.

Not yet because I don't know where I will be job wise. I want to plan one right now, but would hate for me not to be able to show up for my own event.

Not yet because I don't know where I will be job wise. I want to plan one right now, but would hate for me not to be able to show up for my own event.

Phen hasn't been to all of his cookouts.

Just wanted to update you guys on what Autointerests is doing this year. I will have a code for Mazda owners that will keep the early discounted price. The next thing is that any Miata owner that installs a Roll Bar, will get a $100 Credit towards an event. One of the members is working on a group buy with Hard Dog, will get details for you as soon as it is confirmed.

New Safety Rules will be announced soon, along with an Instructor Program and each run group will have a Designated Group Leader, so that participant can have a direct point of contact. Lastly, all Instructors will have Chatterboxes to be better communicate with Novice Group, as we have set up a deal to purchase 10 from OG Racing. As things are finalized, I will continue to update you,

Yeah, that early discount for Mazda owners is very awesome, thanks for that hook up, Marlon!

As for the rule changes, if I won't need to upgrade my passenger seat and harnesses then even moar winning. :D

Yeah, that early discount for Mazda owners is very awesome, thanks for that hook up, Marlon!

As for the rule changes, if I won't need to upgrade my passenger seat and harnesses then even moar winning. :D
No equipment changes, more to do with run group classification, moving to the next run group and instructor sign offs

Here are your discount codes for Autointerests Mid-Ohio Events

Mid-Ohio - these discount down to the off season rate of $255.

June 1st @ Mid-Ohio
use MOCO2015JUN

July 17th @ Mid-Ohio
use MOCO2015JUL

Aug. 24th @ Mid-Ohio
use MOCO2015AUG

I will post up Gingerman's after March 27, 2015

Interesting news, Marlon. I signed up for the August event, like last year. I was hoping to make it out to a couple this year but family events always take priority. I'm interested to see what changes are being made. I'm looking forward to getting back on the track.

Just registered for June 1st. :)

Oh yeah, don't hesitate to sign up early for these events, guys. A few of them sold out last year.

Last edited:
Don't think I can make it to the June 1st event, but will try to make it to at least one track event in the Probe this year (That track-cross last year was fun). I plan to go to more autox events in the Miata than last year to make up for less track time. Who all is planning to go on track this season? Lets not forget dragway 42 will be reopening this year, I'm sure a lot of speed guys would like to try that again.

Last edited:
Are you at least going to get some decent pads on the PGT so you don't cook them and cause a parade lap again? ;)

Why don't you ever track your Miatas? Seems strange to pick a PGT over a Miata as a track car.

Back