The Ohio Auto-X and Track Event chat thread

Nice pic, did you take it?

Never mind just saw the name in the corner, who is the photographer I don't recognize the name?

I think he is an OMS Member!

Marc, you are added to the list for NASA Instructors for the Great Lakes/Midwest Region. Eric Meyer is the Lead Instructor and there will be a Instructor Class at the 1st Mid-Ohio HPDE in April.

Nice pic, did you take it?

Never mind just saw the name in the corner, who is the photographer I don't recognize the name?

Nathan Peterson. I believe he is in PA. He took pics of everyone at the labor day event and has been posting them randomly on various Facebook Pages

Marc, you are added to the list for NASA Instructors for the Great Lakes/Midwest Region. Eric Meyer is the Lead Instructor and there will be a Instructor Class at the 1st Mid-Ohio HPDE in April.

What do I have to do to get on this list?

What do I have to do to get on this list?

Have done any NASA Events? If not, you list your experience and see if you can get signed off to HPDE 4, which I am sure you won't have an issue. I can write you a letter of recommendation as well. You will then have to take NASA's Instructor class, held on Friday's before the event.

OK, sounds good Marlon. I'll let you know when the time comes for a letter.

I haven't done any NASA events so far, but they are on the plan for next year for sure.

I'm sure most of you know already but Auto Interests is doing a Black Friday deal of $150 Gift Card for $100. Details on their Facebook page.

Damn, $350 for two days is a helluva deal. I'll try to have the money and Fatty situated by April 18th.

ARPCA has set their HPDE Schedule and it is as follows:

May 8-10 Watkins Glen International

June 6 & 7 Pitt Race

**August 8 & 9 Pitt Race**

September 11-13 Mid-Ohio

** Combined North and South Tracks 2.75 Miles**

Last edited:
Schedule for NEOHIO, trying to add a couple more dates (looking for venues)

April 26, 2015 – Solo School & Test & Tune (L)
June 28, 2015 – Points Event (L)
July 26, 2015 – Points Event( L)
August 23, 2015 -Points Event (L)
September 27, 2015 – Points Event (L)
(L) Lakeland Community College, Kirtland
The Solo Committee is working on additional dates and locations. We expect to run 6-8 points events in 2015.

How did both NASA and Autointrests manage to schedule all of their events on my days to work. Not that I can't use vacation I'm just sayin.
What events is everyone signed up for anyway?

How did both NASA and Autointrests manage to schedule all of their events on my days to work. Not that I can't use vacation I'm just sayin.
What events is everyone signed up for anyway?

I'll be at all of the Autointerests Events and all of the NASA Mid-Ohio and Pitt Race events

Last edited:
put this guy on my B-day wishlist. Big picture for BIG effect!

71uRlbNpQwL._SL1200_.jpg

I will be at all of the MidOhio events for NASA and Auto interest.
I will also be doing all of the NEOHIO solo events.

I want to plan another CPI (Corey Plotts Invitational) ;) but don't know how much long I'll be living in Ohio :(

Nice choice Nate. I thought I was the only one that prefers an open face helmet.
Thanks Marc and Marlon for your replies. I didn't want to go to an event and not know anyone there.

I like the color, Nate, but I prefer closed Helmets. That's actually pretty close to the color I want(ed) to paint the RX7. With the way things are currently going hopefully I'll be able to make one of the later events this year.

Nice choice Nate. I thought I was the only one that prefers an open face helmet.
Thanks Marc and Marlon for your replies. I didn't want to go to an event and not know anyone there.

We'll be instructing at all of the events. I'll be at some of the NEOhio events as well.

Back