The hour draws near.

Very nice! I have about 4 weeks until my Speedcircuit block w/ stage 1 head is ready to drop in. I've had enough headaches so I left it to the pros!

Good Luck!

Glad to see you too are up and running. I've been down for two weeks myself. Kill the turkey (in the spirit of Thanksgiving). Tis compressor surge.

Glad to see you too are up and running. I've been down for two weeks myself. Kill the turkey (in the spirit of Thanksgiving). Tis compressor surge.

Neva@! The turkey shall live and no one has ever proven definitively that our sound, our beloved Turkey, is indeed compressor surge. There are a ton of Supras with the same exact sound. I contend after careful consideration over the last (close to) 5 years into the matter that our turkey is merely the sound of the air being spit violently back into the intake stream through the stock bypass valve.
You know like a 50'' tall fat chick blowing hard through a kazoo.
(naughty)
Either way my turbo has been fine for 120,000 miles or so and the only thing that harmed it was my dumbass driving it with about 4 crankcases worth of oil going through it. Yes I know, not good.
But the turkey is just the way dear Toby says, I love you bro. Thanks for fixing me. (stoned) Stay Nubian!

BTW first time to drive to work in my car since April 07! I have gotten about 200 miles out of 6 gallons thus far with a new motor!
I have some new intercooler pipes coming for the hot side as Perrin ****** UP BIG TIME on my pipes so I will just make my own hot side pipe.

Last edited:
Plans for the tranny besides the welded lsd?
Yeah, not to break it! LOL (beer)

I will just drive it for a while before I think about it. I would love to go crazy but for now I just want to break the engine in and drive to work/school.
I will just make sure my tires spin so 3rd gear doesn't go on a permanent vacation.
Just normal street tires no slicks. I will feather the clutch and be smart about it. To be truthful my stock motor with all the mods and 20PSI was making enough power to hurt the tranny but I just kept mental awareness about the tranny and made sure I did not hook up too well.
Of course it was shredding the tires in the first three gears, walking all over the road so not hooking up at WOT was not really optional.
Yes it is a bit of a waste but I have dem childrens to feed and a nice pair of JDM, carbon fiber pantie hose to buy for TheMan. (wow)

Last edited:
Neva@! The turkey shall live and no one has ever proven definitively that our sound, our beloved Turkey, is indeed compressor surge. There are a ton of Supras with the same exact sound. I contend after careful consideration over the last (close to) 5 years into the matter that our turkey is merely the sound of the air being spit violently back into the intake stream through the stock bypass valve.
You know like a 50'' tall fat chick blowing hard through a kazoo.
(naughty)

supras only have that sound bc they push so much boost that the bov cant release it fast enough. thats why you see them with 2 bov's half the time. trust me, the sound is compressor surge. think of when you talk into a fan how it distorts your voice. pressure in the system is forced back on the compressor wheel and gives you that sound. im relocated and when i was adjusting my greddy type s i had it too strong and had plenty of turkey.

anyways. can you give a recap on your build? what internals? 24 psi is just rediculous. this is on a modified t25 with gt28rs internals right?

supras only have that sound bc they push so much boost that the bov cant release it fast enough. thats why you see them with 2 bov's half the time. trust me, the sound is compressor surge. think of when you talk into a fan how it distorts your voice. pressure in the system is forced back on the compressor wheel and gives you that sound. im relocated and when i was adjusting my greddy type s i had it too strong and had plenty of turkey.

anyways. can you give a recap on your build? what internals? 24 psi is just rediculous. this is on a modified t25 with gt28rs internals right?

Well I never really had Turkey in my car (or very very little) until I went with the bigger turbo and the higher boost numbers and the Injen.
But either way I am not concerned about it. My turbo was flawless (for over 100k miles) until I broke it so I am not worried about surge.
I am certain the stock valve is not designed to handle 18-20PSI (I was running this pre-rebuild) so perhaps it too can not release the pressure fast enough.
I am now a member of the Turkey Defense Force (fight)

Perhaps a Boost Sciences BPV is in order? The machine shop I took this motor to called Aria and built the motor to the specs Aria suggested. He said in no uncertain terms that the motor should be able to handle 30PSI daily beatings but I will never do that. It has been dry filmed coated, ceramic coated on the piston tops, combustion chambers, head passages, balanced to the nearest .5 gram, lightened JDM steel flywheel, JDM cam, ported intake without VCTS and a lot of other stuff. The machine work alone was $1200.00.
It was built to handle 30PSI even though it will never see it. I just made sure it was over engineered.
I have the Nick turbo with the bigger wheels in it. I will run it as high as it can effectively run and according to Nick it is good for 400WHP. I don't really care at this point as I just want to drive the car and break it in.
The Nick turbo kicks in very early and pulls very well. I really like the torque it produces. Anyway I just want the thing to stay running and be reliable so it will be babied until I am fully convinced all is in order.
I will up it slowly, tune, check everything, up it some more, tune, check everything rinse repeat.
It has Pauter rods.

Last edited:
Back