the fun begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys our p5's stock are 135 hp, i dont know where people say our cars are 115 stock, thats crazy. my car the way it is right now can blow a n/a civic with the same upgrades i have, i can do it all day. as we speck im getting my head redone on my car, its at the mech shop next to my job, plus i had the cams coming in and the upgrade valves,springs and retainers.

guys on our block stock can only handle 5 psi, a unverial turbo kit, is like 500 bucks and a turbo maniflod is like 100 bucks, which if you go past the 5 psi, blows the block, our blocks arent ment to be under alot of perrsure unless its the mazdaspeed enigne. i really am postive our engine can push about 250, my main goal is to push the engine to push out 300, i really think it can be done.

after i get my head back and everything installed, ill dyno my car before and after, to show how much power you can get out of just doing the head

Dude. Wow. Ok first of all. Don't talk about street racing. That's not allowed here. Only morons street race.

Second of all. N/A FS-DE's? At best, dropping 15 grand into a worthless engine, you may, and I stress MAY see 160 whp. Even then, it's the same bloody motor that's in the MSP. The only differences being supporting pieces for the turbo. That's in. And you don't blow the block. You snap the rods. The block is cast iron. The rods are made of tin foil. Forged bottom end, the right turbo, proper tuning (key here) and not being an idiot about it, sure you can pull 300+ at the wheels. Kooldino has done that and more out of his MP3. Note... same block as every other FS-DE out there.

Now... your car, as is, keeping up with a GS-R. Dude... I have a GSR swapped Civic. Trust me, unless that dude is either teasing you, or not even trying. My Civic has and will pull on a stock MSP. I've done it before. Keep in mind, I also still have my Protege5.

Now... just doing head work... ok, I'd expect to see a max of 10 HP at the wheels. IF done right.

Last edited:
Woooow. Guys say all of those things because they are true. The p5 has "130" crank hp. They dyno under 100. I/h/e and mp3 ecu will net you about 115. Head work on an other wise stock motor will net you under 100 stil I bet. This is a dead platform that's been around for over a decade. Everyone has been there and done that

And all of you guys on 2-300 whp na...what. The. ****. Are you smoking? It's been done! Crazy na build high comp bored custom cams stand alone everything you can think of. 160 whp. That's it. So use the goddamned search button and stop imagining numbers. And guy pulling on a Gsr? that was a d16 civic you barely pulled on bro. I've seen a protege with cams and cam gears and I/h/e run the quarter. It did a 16.9. Wooo so fast. I mean **** dude i was scared and had to plan merging on the ******* highway with i/h/e the car is so slow. you have no idea what fast feels like do you

Last edited:
And all of you guys on 2-300 whp na...what. The. ****. Are you smoking? It's been done! Crazy na build high comp bored custom cams stand alone everything you can think of. 160 whp. That's it. So use the goddamned search button and stop imagining numbers. And guy pulling on a Gsr? that was a d16 civic you barely pulled on bro. I've seen a protege with cams and cam gears and I/h/e run the quarter. It did a 16.9. Wooo so fast. I mean **** dude i was scared and had to plan merging on the ******* highway with i/h/e the car is so slow. you have no idea what fast feels like do you

^This

808mazdap5, you should just stop talking. Like HK and Satimko said, there is no talk of street racing on the forums. If you wanna be a ******* moron and street race, don't tell us about it.

Secondly, I agree wholeheartedly with 20P and everyone that is in complete disbelief that people actually think you can get decent power out of an NA FSDE. You want a mean sounding car and something that's not turbo'd that will produce 160-200 crank? Drop in a KL series engine. It will be a lot more cost effective than TRYING and I emphasize TRYING to get 200 out of an NA FSDE. Stop arguing because you are wrong. Period.

6qv710.jpg

keep it respectful please.....jk i like to play moderator

Dude. Wow. Ok first of all. Don't talk about street racing. That's not allowed here. Only morons street race.

Second of all. N/A FS-DE's? At best, dropping 15 grand into a worthless engine, you may, and I stress MAY see 160 whp. Even then, it's the same bloody motor that's in the MSP. The only differences being supporting pieces for the turbo. That's in. And you don't blow the block. You snap the rods. The block is cast iron. The rods are made of tin foil. Forged bottom end, the right turbo, proper tuning (key here) and not being an idiot about it, sure you can pull 300+ at the wheels. Kooldino has done that and more out of his MP3. Note... same block as every other FS-DE out there.

Now... your car, as is, keeping up with a GS-R. Dude... I have a GSR swapped Civic. Trust me, unless that dude is either teasing you, or not even trying. My Civic has and will pull on a stock MSP. I've done it before. Keep in mind, I also still have my Protege5.

Now... just doing head work... ok, I'd expect to see a max of 10 HP at the wheels. IF done right.

True Story. Anyways thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back