Superfly Sunday 2011

jri4

Contributor
:
Mazdaspeed3
Hey guys. If you haven't done so already, 'like' Superfly Sunday on Facebook to keep up to date with what is happening. It seems as if the first meet of the year will be held on May 8th at Chapel Hill Mall. Here I have posted the rules--PLEASE RESPECT THEM and EUROVAGENS. Eurovagens is really putting this event out there, so please do not be the one person who ruins it for everybody else. I do believe the Mazda crew can help contribute to the positive atmosphere at Superfly Sunday. Thanks guys!

Chapel Hill Mall, 2000 Brittain Rd Akron, OH 44310-4303
6pm-whenever
230283_200619143309819_128317787206622_476438_7702832_n.jpg

Superfly Rules and Regulations

* There are NO Burnouts allowed.
* There is NO loud music.
* There are NO pets allowed at Superfly, regardless of the size.
* Please cruise ENTER and EXIT Superfly at a speed of 10 mph. Families are attending the cruise in.
* Please see that all trash finds its way into a trash can… Tires are NOT a trash can.
* Once on the street, PLEASE REMEMBER you represent a scene… do this responsibly.
* NO Drugs or Alcohol is permitted on property
* Please be respectful to other members of this scene… this goes as far as smack talking to STEALING!
* If you see someone doing something speak up or report it to someone who will!
* Please be respectful to ALL Superfly Staff… they may or may not be in superfly gear!

AutoX Rules and Regulations

Per our agreement with management, we cannot permit drifting or burnouts on or off the course.
* One Driver, One Passenger WITH a waiver signed and on file.
* ALL cars must pass a inspection and will NOT be permitted to AutoX unless staff determines cars safety.
* Windows MUST be down to listen to instruction.
* For our course, helmets are not recommended because of low speeds… BUT ENCOURAGED!
* All loose items in the car must be removed as well as the driver side floor mate.
* MORE rules and regulations will be discussed and communicated by the AutoX staff.
* Please be respectful to the AutoX staff NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE!

Discuss.

Last edited:
So, what's the nutshell on this event(s)? As described to me before, I thought it was just a car show or something?

It's basically a gathering of car enthusiasts from the NE Ohio area. There is also an autox course that was a new addition as of last season. The cruise in is moderated by a local European car club called Eurovagens. There is always a variety of very nice cars (and some not so nice) along with some very cool people (along with some token idiots) in attendance.

Nice! I don't think we have anything going on early sunday, but we have obedience class at 5:30. Should be plenty of time to hang out and show off the new whip though! hehe

Superfly usually starts at 6pm. But goes on pretty late, especially since the new location has lighting.

That's how it's always been, brotha. It really doesn't get going till about 9pm. What the Mazda crew does is we uaully all get there around 7 and all park together (since we all know eachother anyway), hang out, Phen smokes a cigar, check out the other cars, etc. Then we used to all go grab ice cream or dinner afterwards. I remember at the old location the Mazda crew had the best spot by the entrance. Then when we would all leave we would just drive normally and head home leaving everyone so disappointed we didn't rice it up and do burn outs and have the cops pull us over. But it's usually a pretty good time. But there are always ricers/morons around...

That's not bad then. We usually like to relax at home at the end of our weekend, but that's only because there's nothing else to do. lol

We can't make 7:00 on sunday, could probably be there between 7:15-7:30. Is there spot saving!!! haha

Well that's why Superfly is nice, because I like to relax on sunday nights too. At the old location in 2009, we would all just hang out and chill next to our cars. The 2010 location was a little more ricey, for lack of better term. And now that's it's back up at Chapel Hill hopefully the hoodrats won't be out in full force. I'm curious to see how the new location works out. 2009 was almost a family atmosphere, people could bring their kids and it was more like a car show. Then 2010 was a bit rougher crowd and a lot of thugs and gangsta-wannabes. A few of us from the Mazda crew would go but not really stick around as late as we did in 2009. We'll see how it looks this year.

Once a week, sunday evenings (of course). I'd go this weekend, but it is mother's day and I am leaving for Virginia the next day. But I am really interested to see how it shakes up last year. I stopped going last year because it wasn't worth the drive to Rolling Acres...I enjoyed it at the Spaghetti Warehouse, though!

We went to a "show" at Spaghetti Warehouse on a Sunday night back in '09. Didn't see any autoXing though? More like a loose, unorganized gathering of everything and then people went out and street raced. lol

Yup, that would be the old Superfly, before EuroVagens club took over. Much better now!

I'll be going this Sunday too. I liked the fact that Rollin Acres location had AutoX but the atmosphere just sucked. I hope the new location turns out to be good. See you there fellas.

Yup, that would be the old Superfly, before EuroVagens club took over. Much better now!

I kinda disagree, Chippy. Eurovagens do a great job organzing things but the "scene" is completely different last year. I used to go to the Akron Superfly all the time. But the new Superfly just seems "ghetto" for lack of a better word. So I only went 6-7 times and usually only stuck around for an hour, tops. But I'm optimistic. :)

It will be good to see you up there, V!

I think that a lot of the ghettoness comes from the location.

Spaghetti Warehouse was clean, had a nice parking lot, and it was surrounded by decent businesses. Rolling acres was beat down, had a crappy parking lot, and the retail area is completely dead. I think this contributed the most to the change in the atmosphere.

I will say that I am glad that Rolling Acres had a solid administrative structure maintaining order, something I can't say for Spaghetti Warehouse. I'm hoping Chapel Hill will provide the positives of both previous locations; here's to hoping!

Back