Suggestions for Wheels for Autocross

Rix6

So, does anyone have any ideas for some wheels to use on a 2008 Mazda6i for autocross? I have three requirements and looks are not one of them.

(1) Specs 17x7 with 55mm offset, Mazda 5 lug pattern and hub bore size.
(2) light weight (well lighter than 21 lbs stock weight would be nice anyway)
(3) relatively inexpensive (like to spend about $100 per wheel or less)

yah, rpf1's are abundant. its a highly used wheel in racing. i had a set on a lancer i used to autox back in the day and they were awesome.

try ebay or other forums.

5zigen fno1rc. light weight too.

I think the Axis Reverb are a pretty light wheel too. Good thing is going with that 17" should save ya a little cash.

I think the Axis Reverb are a pretty light wheel too. Good thing is going with that 17" should save ya a little cash.

If I could go with 16" I would do that but I am not sure how the SCCA rules work on that. Early year Sixes came with 16" wheels but I don't think 16" was even an option for 2008. Even the base models came with alloy 17" wheels for 2008. So I am not sure if the SCCA rules go year by year or generation of vehicle. Like if I had a 2007 6i, which is essentialy the exact same car as mine, I could run 16" wheels but since mine is a 2008, I can only run 17" wheels? Not sure how that works....

So, my guess is that I don't think I can run a 16" wheel and stay in the stock class. Too bad because I think 16" race tires would be cheaper and maybe even perform better than 17" race tires.

Back