Subaru Impreza WRX STI Independent Concept

Do you like the design of this 3D rendered Subaru Imprezza WRX STI concept?

• Yes, I like it

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • No, I don't like it

Votes: 14 37.8%

• Total voters

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring

1327338.jpg

Lars Mrtensson, a.k.a. "GRID", has designed his own 3D rendering of a Subaru WRX STi concept.

Mrtensson's creation looks a bit like a cross between the legendary Subaru and a Triumph TR7 wedge... and that's not a bad thing. If there is one thing the WRX line desperately needs is a more unique look. It's unfortunate that the freshest look for the WRX has to come from fans, and not the automaker.

Mrtensson fresheded up the entire front-end by giving a steeper curve to the headlights. So steep is this, that the larger air intake, headlights, and narrow honeycomb grille combine to form a nose-and-mouth smiley face. We do like the modern styling to the lower section of the bumper, with a bigger grille and fog lights built in. But with such a steep angle from the front end to just in front of the driver's head, we wonder how comfortable this car would be to drive. However, the completely redesigned rear-section, with center-mount exhaust and contrasting color tones, is a nice touch.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6z7IAviCupQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6z7IAviCupQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

it looked at first that mikey photochopped a countach, but then i scrolled down. smooth out the lines on the side of the car and it's perfection! that is one of the most sinister looking front ends evAr!

NOOOOOOOOO Don't like it at alllll!!!

It totally goes away from all the smooth curves of the other subies!! Looks like a cross between the 2010 Mazda3's and the Evo X!!!

lol it looks amazing. but from the shape, it doesn't look like anything the impreza would ever become, seeing as there appears to be just two seats and not much trunk space...

more like a supercar

I think a cross between that and the "squirrel mincer" Top Gear tested would be perfect, but that front end has to stay the same!

looks like this is a love hate relationship for this car. I think it's unique and nice looking. It's fresh and has an attitude unlike a lot of cars out there.

Give me the keys and I will drive that thing all over the place. the taillights are cool, headlights, the wheels, who wouldn't want to drive that thing.

Back