stop calling the 3 an m3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOS3

:
05 22V mazda3
this may seem dumb to some people, but i wish people would stop reffering to the mazda 3 as an m3. IT ISNT AN M3!!!

just call it the 3. this reduces the chances of there being any confusion. i keep clicking on threads that say m3 and its about the 3. just stop it!

hahah damn jose easy .....if ur lookin for m3 threads ur in the wrong forum anyways (laugh)

M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3

:p

WHO CARES?! You big baby.

I would have to agree...
I've seen Mz3 which works.

Also, the M3 is a "Bimmer" not a "Beemer." Beemers are BMW motorcycles...

see the actual name of the BMW is the M3
why not just call it the "3"
thats even better for the lazy asses that cant type the four extra letters in Mazda

Aricjm15 said:
see the actual name of the BMW is the M3
why not just call it the "3"
thats even better for the lazy asses that cant type the four extra letters in Mazda
I agree with you guys too...
I remember seeing people calling the P5 an MP5 and everyone got on their case...for a good reason. Just call it the 3.

And then there are some that use the phrase 'M3s'.
Is that alright? I mean it does stand for Mazda3s. Without the four extra letters......some of us only can type with one finger, so extra letters is extra work.
Not me, but I'm sure someone does. (silly)

or like most people would think that your talking about multiple BMW M3s' because thats the actual name of the car

you dont see people with Mazda 6s' calling it the M6, they call it the "6"
and BMW is coming out with a 6 series, so there will be an M6, just like there is an M5

overall, though, i think that for the most part whatever is ok, because, come on, we are on the mazda forum. Most people call out other cars by full acronym if its something other than a mazda.

But whatever, ill conform and refer to it as the 3 or the mazda3.....

Please don't get me wrong.... I like the new 3 just as much as the next guy, but please don't insult my favorite car..... The Ultimate Driving Machine! I don't care if the Mazda 3 has 1000whp, is the best handling car in the world, and costs 23,000, it will never be an *M3*. Please keep a reverence when referring to this car of the gods.... Thank you. BTW: new M5 is going to OWN anything and everything... you just wait!

a bmw...
which is why i said i conceed...i wont use the term m3...
I was on the fence, but you make a good argument....i'm used to calling the bmw m3 a m3 also..and they came first, so they keep it...
as for me its only the '3' or the 'mazda3'

Geez. Get over it, people. This is a MAZDA forum. If you're talking about a BMW M3, then write "BMW M3".

Since you're bitching about shortened names, why not run the gambit?

MSP - Michigan State Police
MP3 - computer file format
MP5 - H&K submachine gun

If you can't figure out, either by context or simple deduction, what someone on a Mazda forum is talking about when they say M3, then maybe you should take some classes in basic problem solving.

(bang)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back