Steering Wheel Help

archedian

:
2003.5 MSP #504
Hey everyone i was browsing online and ran across a picture of an aftermarket steering wheel in a MSP. I really like the design of it and was wondering if anyone might have an idea or recognize what type/brand of steering wheel this is. Thank you all for the help!

D5tw0sP.jpg

That is, horrible. And the mirrors too. Normally I would keep my opinion to myself but the thought of another MSP with that wheel haunts me

Last edited:
Great, now that we've gotten the opinions out of the way of blocking actual answers, how about some info about resistor or whatever is needed to keep airbag light happy when going with another wheel? I wanna go with an NRG quick release and lock setup so I can mount the JDM MS trap timer thing to the wheel and be able to remove wheel and take it with me for security purposes. Nevermind the no airbag s***, I has seat belts and a harness I could add. Let's try just answering the questions and provide some useful information just for a break from the new norm.

This is setup I am considering....trap timer is already purchased.

NRG%20Wheel%20mount.jpg

NRG%20Wheel.jpg

MS_timetrap.jpg

Last edited:
LOL at this thread

Good luck "keeping the airbag light happy." You will need a custom horn connector and turn signal "engager" if you want those to work.

That timer is cool tho

LOL at this thread

Good luck "keeping the airbag light happy." You will need a custom horn connector and turn signal "engager" if you want those to work.

That timer is cool tho

Not $300 cool...

To find out if/what keeps the airbag light off if you go with aftermarket wheel............or mostly so nonsense can be spewed about someone wanting to change out oem steering wheel and reviving and old thread on topic without any answers vs. starting another thread on same topic since the search function yielded no useful results.

if there is no airbag connected to the air bag connector, there will be a light on. lol. comprende?

It will probably make the pass side air bag not fire either. If you really don't want the light; cover it or something. My gauge surround perfectly hides mine from view ;)

if there is no airbag connected to the air bag connector, there will be a light on.

You can put resistors (whatever resistance you'd need- have to look at a wiring diagram and component spec) in the circuit, thus fooling the ABCM.

I think most people just remove the airbag light, putting in resistors would be dangerous as it could cause the other(s if you have side airbags) to pop.

I did read in a couple of places around the net about using some 2.2 ohm .25 watt resistor but there weren't many details more than that. My car does not have side airbags, just the 2 fronts.

Last edited:
does anyone know if and how to put one of the mazda steering wheels with audio controls (like it the mazda 3) on a msp?

yeah i know but it beats the stock steering wheel or spending a couple hundred on something like the other ones they mentioned. do our car have a spline end for the steering wheel or a nut shaped?

The newer wheel bolts on but the clockspring is different. NA, NB Miata and other protege wheels fit, that's what I did and what most do.

Back